my friend's curve slipped out of its holster in a cab the other day... he ... BlackBerry Curve forum

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question lost curve

Advertisement

my friend's curve slipped out of its holster in a cab the other day... he tried calling it but got no answer (of course!)
    we were wondering, since the curve has gps, is there any way he can track it down?
    any help is much appreciated!

thanks

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

Re: lost curve

he wont be able to track it unless he had after market location tracking software instaled- im going to guess he didn't. unfortunately the carrier wont track it either.

he wont see that phone again unless someone is kind enough to turn it in.

sorry

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

i lost my blackberry once, but fortunately i had my contact info in the owner section and someone was kind enough to return it... if the person who finds is honest enough, he'll find a way to get it back to your friend...

not sure what reporting it lost would do as far as disabling it... would reporting it lost render the bb useless? can they just take out the sim chip and sell it on ebay? i wonder...

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I would call the carrier and report is lost. That way they can disable the account so no calls or extra charges can be made. You can also post info here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...n_devices.html Maybe a fellow pinstacker will find it and can return it (Don't know how likely that is, but you never know)

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well the most inmediate benefit of reporting it lost to your carrier is that they will cut the service so that you don't get stuck paying for other people's calls. Besides that all carriers are supposed to report the phone IMEI (serial number) to an international database as stolen, so no other carrier will activate that particular phone. That with the purpose of the finder not being able to sell the device.

PIN/ID

I wish there was a program (not BED based) to remotely wipe the device
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    I wish there was a program (not BED based) to remotely wipe the device
    Yes, this was a nice feature on my old treo... I could send a text message to remotely wipe the device. It's a nice option to have.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Sorry to hear about your friends phone
    That really sucks. Wish there was something that could be done, but definitely go with calling
    the carrier and report it lost so they can deactivate it.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by soctechnologist
    Yes, this was a nice feature on my old treo... I could send a text message to remotely wipe the device. It's a nice option to have.
    I used butler on my 700p and I had the peace of mind if my device was lost I could wipe it clean. Bb developers should work on such an app IMHO

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

That is why I have my security on, it locks automatically in 30 min. And I have my house number listed and my name.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Today, I had one of the biggest scars. I took my children to my college's homecoming parade this morning, we parked about 3 blocks away from where the parate was going to be. When found a spot to stand, I went to call my boyfriend and my phone wasn't there. I looled in my son's seat then my daughter. I was so nervous. I left my children with my mom try to see if I had dropped it. But it was no where to be found, when I got close my car, I noticed that some young guys were just hanging around. My nerves got extremely bad, I got to the car looked in the back seat and there was my Curve I was so thankful.

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't the service provider track the phone based on IMEI number? Can;t you refuse a phone to sign onto a network based on that? Is that an option?

chill636 no está en línea Stack level 2

I almost lost my curve YESTERDAY!! took it out of my bag and put it in the seat next to me..i got up and completely forgot i put it there...I was almost home before i realized i was without my partner in crime!! I was scared to death!! Fortunately, when my husband returned it was in the same spot i left it waiting peacefully for my return....whew! *wiping the sweat off my face*