A few days ago my Blackberry went from "EDGE" to "edge" and I could no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Birbo no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost connection email server

A few days ago my Blackberry went from "EDGE" to "edge" and I could no longer receive email from my mail2web account ( I am in Norway so I use mail2web with my regular cell provider but which does not support Blackberry as such but I have used my BB for some time now without any problems)
    To solve this I have tried several things: I have tried changing the APN, memory wipe and reinstalling the OS but to no avail. Still no email.
    What I can do I use the phone, text message and surf the web. What I can not do is do an enterprise activation with a new password from mail2web. I get an error message saying "Activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable" Nor can I register the handheld via Host Routing Table- it says: message sent. But then nothing happens. Nor can I PIN.
    I tried contacting mail2web but their suggestion was to ask for a new activation password. Which did not help.
    It seems strange to me that I can surf the web with my 8300 but not contact the mail2web activation server but I am starting to wonder if this has something to do with BB server outage earlier this month.
    Any ideas anyone?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Lost connection email server

Sounds like you might have a service book problem. (what tells the bb what its allowed to do and how to do it) Might want to contact your carrier and ask them to resend your service books...

Sorry, I hope that helps!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...