Hey all, new to Pinstack. Been using a BB Curve for sometime. Went to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

one918 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost Click to Call Within Apps.

Advertisement

Hey all, new to Pinstack. Been using a BB Curve for sometime. Went to the Pearl, liked some things, and now I'm back with the Curve and overall happy again.

Posted on Crackberry and could not get an answer, so I'll try here and see if I have better luck.

I installed Google Maps v2.2.2 with voice and Tell Me. I think both are great programs in their own way. I had the click to call working in each app. but think a setting may have been disabled.

I was trying out each app, and they came up with a pop up asking to make the call or not, with a check box for "Don't ask this again." I didn't think I checked the box, but may have.

Anyhow, I can't even get the call function to work with either of these apps anymore. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. When I click the number to call, the phone does nothing, won't freeze (unlike a Palm, LOL), but just will not make the call or even prompt me to make the call.

As a second part to this, when I try and type a search in the GoogleMaps, I cannot see the text I'm typing. I can see the cursor moving, but no text visible.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by one918; 08-05-2008 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Added more

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    As for the second part of your question, I've had the same issue. Have you tried a different theme? Some theme's colour scheme's are such that the text ends up white on white, black on black etc.

As for the first part, go to the phone app, then options/smart dialing. Check that the national number length is correct (depends on where you are; in Australia, it's '9')

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Hello one918, welcome to PinStack

Let me see if I can help you, I'm not sure what you mean by click to call. When I access my Google Maps and search for a particular place and access the options for it I get 6 options

1. Call 1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX
    2. Directions to here
    3. Directions from here
    4. Save as a favorite
    5. Search nearby
    6. See details

So if you click option 1 does it not make calls?

I have never encountered the pop up to make a call, it may be the differences in the CDMA and GSM operating systems but I'm not sure. What OS are you running?

one918 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, the as for now, with the phone app. I just uninstalled and reinstalled both apps a couple times. The best I can have right now is Google Maps and got the click to call working. Tell me phone function still won't work, although I'd like to figure it out.

Reddog, I mistakenly referred to it as a "pop up" for the call option, but you are right. Running OS 4.3.0.127. Waiting to go to 4.5 when Sprint comes out with update. However, I may not wait any more than another month or so.

Font was theme dependent. Right now just went back to Dimension L from Precision Zen.
    Last edited by one918; 08-05-2008 at 05:32 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Well at least Google Maps is working for you. I'm not using Tellme have downloaded it a couple of times and have found it very slow. Didn't care for it. Just my opinion.

I have found that Google Maps has done most of the work of any application in it's category. I use to have a ton of apps for to search for phone listings, restuarants, etc. I have always gone back to Google Maps.

If you need anything else just let us know and we will try to help out.

Again welcome to the Stacks!