Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i have xp. and i've tried the battery pull a few times... BlackBerry Curve forum

brittany23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

i have xp.
    and i've tried the battery pull a few times

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you lost your browser the first thing I would try to do is resend service books. If that doesn't work for you then go to options/advanced options/host routing table and in the menu select register. There shouldn't be any reason to reinstall the OS if one of these two things work.

Have you installed any new apps or themes in the last few days? If so uninstalling those my help also.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    The original problem sounds like what happens if you try to customize an OS by removing stuff before installing to phone that is critical.
    I would uninstall all BB related things from PC, then re-download the proper OS for your phone and install it. Maybe use DM before removing it to do a backup of important data.
    Once you have that run the loader.exe (double click it) and have it install that OS. No need to delete vendor.xml if you are installing the OS authorized by your carrier.
    If the phone comes back up then you can install DM again (I recommend 5.0 from blackberry.com) and selectively restore your data.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

i did something on the blackberry website, and now i can go into my options again. i think i may just take my phone to the alltel store and have them try to fix it. i appreciate all the help, but i still don't understand this

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    That may be your best solution if you don't want to delve into an OS restore. If you haven't added or removed anything lately, then it may just be a random glitch. The last error you're getting is saying that the module is pointing to something that isn't there, so somewhere along the line, a necessary file on your BB was moved or removed. Have you added or removed any 3rd party apps?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I haven't added any apps, but I did move them around.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Moved them around? You mean the icons on your home screen?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

yeah, so I could have the apps I use the most on my home screen

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok, that shouldn't have affected anything. You can either download the newest OS for you device here by selecting your device from the dropdown menu, selecting the one that says 'Applications: 4.5.0.127', and following the guidehere. Or if you really don't want to delve into that, like I said earlier, I'd take it back to the carrier and let them handle it. More then likely, they're going to do the exact same thing, but at least this way, you'll get a little experience at probably the second most common cure-all, besides the faithful old battery pull.
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12