~via smartphone~I have lost my bb messenger. I have tried to redownload it but no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Lanette no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202099d3

Lost BB Messenger

Advertisement

~via smartphone~I have lost my bb messenger. I have tried to redownload it but no luck. Can some one help. I am using the curve 8320.
    Last edited by Lanette; 02-15-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Help

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I would try to resend your service books. It should show up then. Just log into your t-mobile account, and go to Blackberry help

Or you can go to options/advance options/host routing table
    click on the blackberry button (the one with the freakles), and hit register now.

Also there is a chance that you might have accidently hidden the BB messenger, Go to the screen where all the applications are shown. Click on the blackberry button, and click show all. I hope this helps.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    If you have a backup set, you can go into DM, select backup/Restore. Then go into Advanced and open the restore file. Select Messenger from the list and move it to your device.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-16-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: darned wireless keyboard
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

carlosguerrero7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My brother found a 7290 for free ,turn it on in the battery indicator is displayed in red with a question mark (battery seems to be full loaded), also in the part where should appears EDGE an X appears, and says no service. (data coverage is not available.
    Radio is on.
    The phone does not recognice the battery.(in the status)
    Someone knows what is the solution?
    Thank you

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    I would try to resend your service books. It should show up then. Just log into your t-mobile account, and go to Blackberry help

Or you can go to options/advance options/host routing table
    click on the blackberry button (the one with the freakles), and hit register now.

Also there is a chance that you might have accidently hidden the BB messenger, Go to the screen where all the applications are shown. Click on the blackberry button, and click show all. I hope this helps.
    ^^That's what I'd try- good job, boom.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    ~via HackBerry~

My situation: can't restore because I am on a mac. The above methods did not work. And my BBmaps is missing aswell. This is frustrating

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the ONLY way to re-add bbm is to download the OS and manually check the box in add/remove applications.

shane32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    k hi im shane32

i lost my bbm and like i tryed to get it back from blackberry.com and it didn't work. then i used the disk they game me and that didnt work at all it just shut my computer off. so im so mad like i have friends with bbm and i can't talk to them so if anybody has a way of getting it back on let me know at shane_kivell@hotmail.com k and if u do thnks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    shane you will have to download your devices operating system to your pc and then re-add BBM through Desktop manager.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    he will not have to reload the os, if he goes to my blog post which is on this link

http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/461009/blog1097.html

does what that says and when lookin for the files he will have to look for

net_rim_bb_messaging.cod
    net_rim_bb_messaging_app.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en.cod

load them in the bbmc program and then hit the load button as it says in the blog post the device will reboot and he will have the blackberry messeneger back also if he cant find the files in one of the 2 paths i named someone can send it to him and he can load them

also if this is done right the device will take a mim to reboot and it does work cuz i helped

liss1983 http://forums.pinstack.com/member.php?u=557605

get hers back

PIN/ID
    just ask
    anything that u remove can be recoverd and put back on threw the way i posted i dont get why people say to reload the os no need for it inless its something really bad but to recover this stuff can be done in 5min

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Brian,
    No one is saying to reload the operating system. The easiest way to re-add BBM is to have your operating system loaded to your PC and opening up desktop manager and re-adding it through add/remove apps. Also without the Operating System installed to your PC the Master Control Program would be useless as well.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 03-02-2009 at 05:44 PM.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    yea moderncowboy not sayin on this topic but on other topics/diff forums lol i should of worded that better eh

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Cool, Gotcha