I have a little issue and maybe hoping somebody here had the same experience and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

waxmerchant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242774E2

Question Lost 8310 Shipping Woes

Advertisement

I have a little issue and maybe hoping somebody here had the same experience and knows the outcome....

I recieved my blackberry 8310 the first day it came out via calling ATT. When the phone came in the mail you can imagine how happy I was to be upgrading from a 7130c! But there was a slight problem. First the clip where it says ATT on the bottom was kind of loose, not very loose but enough to irritate me on the build quality of the phone. Second the light on the phone would stay on sometimes even though i did not touch the phone. One day, I put the phone in hibernate. The phone actually turned back on by itself and the light just stayed on. Very odd, I figured it was just a one time deal, but frequently the light on the phone would come on, even in a pitch black room and stay on. I would actually have to turn my phone off because it was so annoying

A couple of phone calls, they advised me to take the phone to a store which i did, but they had the red and i wanted to exchange my titanium for another titanium. A week later I called ATT again about the issue, the CSR was awesome and very nice, she took care of it and even called me back to send me over to WARRANTY. When warranty called me they could not pull up my account because they computers were down. So the lady advised me that they would have to put the notes elsewhere until the next day. They would ship me a new phone and i would send them my faulty phone.

That was this past weekend, Now it is Tuesday. And the phone has not arrived. I call WARRANTY and asked where is the phone since I am ready to "swap" phones. She said it was sent by DHL. But the phone is not here but in Atlanta some where! When the CSR asked me the address to send the phone too I said the same address you sent the original 8310. I should have verified with WARRANTY on this issue. But I figured common sense would tell them to ship to the same address as the previous phone which I have had for a little under a month. Now I am scared they shipped the phone to some wrong address and I will never see my replacement phone! And even worse I'm scared they will charge me for the phone. I can not afford to pay them $400 for a phone I never received.

I called today to WARRANTY and the CR explained that these things happen some times and she has received calls like this before and they just send out another phone. But I like said earlier it sucks cause I am still using my crummy 8310 with the malfunctions and the thought of being charged full price for an error on their part.

What do you all think? I would love to know if something like this ever happened to you all.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Lost 8310 Shipping Woes

Nothing like this ever happened to me, but I can imagine how frustrating it must be. I would be making a hell of a lot of noise to the higher ups in the warranty department right now if I were you. Don't let them make you wait due to their error. If anything, make them ship you a new one. Sounds like the one they shipped out may have gotten lost. Did they give you a tracking number?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

waxmerchant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242774E2

The CR and warranty explained that if I do not receive the phone by tomorrow to call and they will ship me another one. She also gave me a tracking #, but when I tried to use it, it did not pull any information up. Why couldn't they use FEDEX or UPS? Instead they use DHL?!?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Not sure why they would use DHL. Every company has their shipping carrier preferences. That sux that they want to make you wait one more day.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

The CSR is right... this does happen sometimes. The reason they want you to wait is because they ship warranty replacements within 5 business days. They don't want to ship out another phone until they're sure the first one they sent you is missing.