So I just got my leather holster and its very nice. Aside from the fact ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Losing reception with BB leather holster?

Advertisement

So I just got my leather holster and its very nice. Aside from the fact I feel like I look like a geek when Im wearing it, Im wondering if anyone else has found a signal loss from it.

This morning I was watching the signal bars on my cars dash(bluetooth sync is a thing of wonder) and I noticed a bar less in areas where I know I get higher bars. So for S&G's, I took it out of the pouch and put it in my cupholder. Wouldnt you know, it shot up one bar. Put it back in my pouch and it went down one bar.

Think the magnets or sleep function have anything to do with it?

userlan667 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Losing reception with BB leather holster?

The case should not have anything to do with it but I don't know what would. I would not worry about it unless it something between getting one bar and getting no signal. Also if you dont like the clip case they make pouches for you to put your BB in then put the BB in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by userlan667
    Also if you dont like the clip case they make pouches for you to put your BB in then put the BB in your pocket.
    I already have a BSE on it so thats for when I put it in the pocket. That pouch would just make it uncomfortable. Im waiting for Seidio to come out with the side clip. I like the sleeper function.

Another thing I noticed. My battery life is down to 90% already after only 3 hours. Ive never seen it go down that fast and Im not doing anything different that I normally do other than keep it in my case.

Odd.

userlan667 no está en línea Stack level 2

I am starting to think that when it comes to battery life some of the BB 8300's are defective. A lot of people are talking about, on these forums, there BB 8300's battery life not lasting even a whole day. My battery life, though, lasts 2 days with normal use. I talk on it about 4 hours that whole time, get about 20 emails, and IM people on it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by userlan667
    I am starting to think that when it comes to battery life some of the BB 8300's are defective. A lot of people are talking about, on these forums, there BB 8300's battery life not lasting even a whole day. My battery life, though, lasts 2 days with normal use. I talk on it about 4 hours that whole time, get about 20 emails, and IM people on it all the time.
    Well my battery life has so far been exceptional. Beyond what I expected. Im putting it on the charger at night with anywhere from 65-70% left. It just surprised me that this morning I was already down to 90% with the only change being my holster.

(edit) Just saw that Seidio is now accepting pre-orders for their clipcase. Had one for my pearl and loved it.
    Last edited by HyperM3; 06-18-2007 at 12:45 PM.