It seems my 8320 is not booting. It turns on with the hourglass rotating like ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Did I lose everything?! (DM failed when trying to copy a bit too much stuff

Advertisement

It seems my 8320 is not booting. It turns on with the hourglass rotating like any other normal battery pull but it has been sitting like this for over 12 minutes with no other activity happening. My last backup is from 2008-12-26 and I am now wondering if everything I stuck on the unit after that time is now lost. Basically I was copying a few programs via Desktop Manager to the 8320 when a box came up saying it couldn't copy more and then the device rebooted and I am left with the hourglass spinning. What can I do at this point? Should I leave it be? Should I try pulling battery again (I tried several times now and am left with spinning hourglass)? Did I lose contacts added since the last backup, as well as saved messages? Of course it sucks I forgot to do a backup before doing any Desktop Manager work but I haven't used the software in a couple months and I forgot to do that.

In case you wonder where it failed at, it was when it was copying languages back to the unit. (Does stuff usually go in a particular order?)

Thanks very much to whoever can assist me with fixing this.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It could take up to an hour for it to reboot. I had my laptop crash while updating the other day and it took my device 30 plus minutes to reboot. Give it a little while longer if it hasn't rebooted after an hour or so then you might have a problem.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Also once it boots up you will probably need to reload the OS. Thats what happened with mine because certain features worked but I couldn't do things like see what apps were loaded.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    It could take up to an hour for it to reboot. I had my laptop crash while updating the other day and it took my device 30 plus minutes to reboot. Give it a little while longer if it hasn't rebooted after an hour or so then you might have a problem.
    OK. After 16 minutes it has rebooted & my contacts & saved mail are intact. Big 'Phew'. Now making a backup. LOL

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I think you were lucky because you were not doing an OS upgrade.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I think you were lucky because you were not doing an OS upgrade.
    I was doing an OS upgrade when mine happened boy I was scared....lol

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It's happened to me before and reddogs thread has always saved me. OP, you might want to check your memory and see if you need to delete some things. Luckily you can delete through applications from your phone
    __