Just got 8900 TMO not even 24h and I noticed that... also it looks like ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Loose feeling battery door?

Advertisement

Just got 8900 TMO not even 24h and I noticed that... also it looks like its common… before I buy a black door is it the door or the blackberry that is causing this?
    Thx

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    My Rogers one has the same lose door. It's not a huge deal IMO. I only notice if i put pressure on the door and move my hand.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

BBP
    It’s not but just don’t like the grey door anyways so if any1 replaced the door can you post a feedback please?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm afraid it's indicative of the build quality found on current releases. You can go back to the vendor and examine inventory till you've found one you like, or install your after market cover with an insert (paper or tacky foam), added (if necessary), to correct the problem
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-24-2009 at 04:13 PM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Question: Is the backing PLASTIC or METAL?

BBP
    Plastic

BBP
    So this is not the door it's the BB?

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Last spring when I ordered my pearl, I went through 3 of them before I settled on the one I have now. I also got a curve at the time and returned it for the pearl. All 4 phones had the loose battery cover. The pearl I have now had the tightest of the 4, but it was still loose. I used the Band-Aid remedy by cutting a a piece of fabric band-aid and applying it on the back of the door. It worked perfectly, and made the cover fit snug and tight. If my 8900 comes with the cover, I will try the electrical tape method I think I read about somewhere on pinstack.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Don't know how the 8900 is built but I would say its the device. I'm on my 3rd Bold for the same reason. This one is rock solid, also where is your 8900 made? I would return it until you are happy with one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    It's really not that big an issue IMHO. Not like the door feels like it's ready to fall off.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had my pearl over a year now and have a loose battery cover.
    I just went to my carrier and bought the rubber case, it fits nice and tight. I don't worry about the door any more.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ill trade my black rogers door for a silver titanium door lol
    And I have to admit my first door was a little wobbly but then i change JUST the door and its perfect.

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    My battery door is loose and so is the keyboard- I can move the entire key set up and down with my thumb.

"It's really not that big an issue IMHO. Not like the door feels like it's ready to fall off.

I would say it is a big deal- this phone is Ł400 in the UK and whilst it is great at many things, the build quality is not great...
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcgill View Post
    My battery door is loose and so is the keyboard- I can move the entire key set up and down with my thumb.

"It's really not that big an issue IMHO. Not like the door feels like it's ready to fall off.

I would say it is a big deal- this phone is Ł400 in the UK and whilst it is great at many things, the build quality is not great...

My experience with the 8900 has been the complete opposite of yours. There is no "woobly-key" problem, no loose batter cover problem, and everything appears to be lined up, tight, and well constructed on my curve 8900. I am surprised by what an improvement in build quality there is over the three pearl 8120's and one curve 8320 that I have had experience with.

I feel the 8900 is the phone my 8120/8320 was trying to be but was never quite there.

This phone rocks and the build quality of my unit is solid and tight with no irregularities within it's build construction. (Its rare for me to experience this in the electronics world as a whole).

If I had gotten a unit with loose keys along with a loose battery door, I would exchange it in a heartbeat. If the only issue was the loose door, I would try and solve it by using the electrical tape or band-aid method.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 02-01-2009 at 07:17 AM.