I love the phone and even with my huge hands i can type on it, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

billytickets no está en línea Stack level 2

looks like the curve will cause me to dump sprint and the 7130

Advertisement

I love the phone and even with my huge hands i can type on it, so i will port my number from sprint but will keep my sprint data card EVDO rev O ROCKS! ... edge is much much slower on the 8300 ..so i will use the ATT 8300 for bb & voice and just keep my data card on sprint...I would not mine waiting for sprint...but the idea that Sprint will release this phone 6-9 months after it comes out and then want TOP $$$$$ ...has made me switch...so its EVDO where needed (for the thinkpad x60) and ATT for the best Blackberrys...Sprint needs to get a better deal with RIM...pay them more money than ATT and get the lastest phones first...

Sprint Network first for speed ...worst for phones that can take advantage of the speed

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Re: looks like the cruve will cause me to dump sprint and the 7130

it will be a long time until Sprint does anything. They have to merge Nextel and Sprints networks first before they make any new deals. I left Sprint 7 montsh ago and haven't been happier!

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Billy you sound exactly like me. However, do you think that the data card and voice plans are on seperate contracts? Im just wondering if I cancel my voice plan, will I still have to pay an ETF even if I keep the data card plan?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I too left Sprint for the same reasons... wanting to charge customers top $$$$ when the phones are sooo much later than other networks... not to mention the advantages of GSM networks. I hated sitting in the Bahamas, twiddling my thumbs cuz I couldn't use my phone...

You will enjoy the transition... if not, simply benefit from it

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

the only reason i wont leave sprint is because of the speed of the network and thethering is free where everywhere else its $60-$70 bucks

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Tethering is free on T-Mo as well, but no super high speed yet (although it is coming).

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Has anybody found a working bluetooth script to link an 8320 with mac?

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    Billy you sound exactly like me. However, do you think that the data card and voice plans are on seperate contracts? Im just wondering if I cancel my voice plan, will I still have to pay an ETF even if I keep the data card plan?
    Count on it. If you fart in a sprint store you better have brought your checkbook, they know how to charge you for rediculous crap. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be shocked to see them charge you 2 or 3 early termination fee's. They know how to stack up bills of things that don't exist. I hope I have helped you in this matter.

[Disclaimer: It is in my opinion that the information I have provided above is true and awesome. Any crying as a result of reading this post is no way the fault of CashCrandle. Being an employee of Sprint in no way constitutes a reason to delete this post.]

abarrera no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: looks like the curve will cause me to dump sprint and the 7130

haha i like your disclaimer

laurie4563 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    haha i like your disclaimer
    so do i.. he's pretty funny! LOL

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I am not bashing Sprint, but rather sharing my thoughts both as a fellow BB user & the CEO of a large scale enterprise.

I routinely spend some time focused on the status of the various carriers in the wireless mobile phone industry.

Sprint is in trouble, big trouble on all fronts. To keep this short & to the point, if I were a Sprint user presently, I would plan my exit strategy now.

Set aside the details as in the not to distant future you may find yourself aligned with a carrier that's closing it's doors.

Now is the time to make a move. I might suggest either AT&T or T-Mobile, as they are both GSM based & best positioned for continued grow going forward in what may be a very rocky economy for some period of time. These two companies are well capitalized and will ride this out without fleecing their customers to keep the company afloat.

~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Alienwhere no está en línea Stack level 2

I just left Sprint and a Treo 700wx for AT&T and an 8310. I had Sprint service for almost 6 years, and got so fed up with a lousy selection of handsets and dropped calls in most areas that I live in (not to mention my own home) that I jumped. They haven't charged me my ETF yet, but even when they do, it won't matter. Now I have a smartphone that JUST WORKS (best on the market, IMHO, and I've tried a lot) and a network that allows me to use my phone when I need to.

EV-DO is great, don't get me wrong, but if I don't have coverage, what good is it to me?

I don't mind the EDGE connection. Sure, sometimes things are a little slower than I'd like, but the benefits far outweigh what I didn't like before. GSM is a world standard, and I like knowing I can move forward with the rest of the world, and not when Sprint decides I can. And even then, it was 6-9 months late.

END OF LINE