I am looking for something for my new Curve that will let me set automatic ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Three-Star Dave no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Looking for profile changer by time and date

Advertisement

I am looking for something for my new Curve that will let me set automatic profile changes based on the time of day and day of week (e.g., between 7 and 9 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, change over to Quiet mode). It needs to be a bit more sophisticated (in date/time selection) than the Auto On/Off -- something more along the line of the program Central for the Treo.

I've done some poking around in Google, Handango, and in the shop here, but no luck so far. Anyone know of anything?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Looking for profile changer by time and date

Sounds interesting, but I've never seen anything like that - might give that a whirl myself... although its a quick press of F... then a short scroll to change it whenever you want to -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Oh, I've figured out how to make it easy to do, but I'd like to automate it -- mostly for regularly scheduled times when I don't want to be disturbed (e.g., in class, at church).

Added functionality might be something like "go to Quiet for the next three hours, then drop back to Normal" before going into a movie.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Sounds interesting, but I've never seen anything like that - might give that a whirl myself... although its a quick press of F... then a short scroll to change it whenever you want to -
    I haven't seen anything like this for Blackberry's yet - but there are a few out there for Windows Mobile phones. The better ones will:
    - let you create several new profiles and name them
    - change profiles automatically based on time, date, calendar events
    - change profiles based on *type* of calendar event (e.g., if "meeting" type, then go to "silent" profile)
    - also run a predetermined program or batch file of your choice when the profile is changed

The one I use for my T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard - doesn't get much use since I'm on my BB these days!) is called "PocketZenPhone", and it also lets you define ring / vibrate / flash patterns with far more options than the default options offered by the Windows Mobile GUI -- uses some low level API calls and registry settings to accomplish this. We obviously can't use this on the BB, but it helps to look at other products sometimes to get ideas for a project you might be considering tackling.

Hadn't thought about tying it into actual calendar events. That would be a nice additional feature.