All, I just received an 8320 yesterday. My previous BB was an 8700. I love ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spattson no está en línea Stack level 1

locking screen on 8320

Advertisement

All,

I just received an 8320 yesterday. My previous BB was an 8700. I love the 8320 but am missing my old keyboard short of ALT and ENTER to lock the display. When i do ALT + ENTER on the 8320 i receive a message:

"Current input method changed to ENGLISH (UNITED KINGDOM) using the Alt-Enter shortuct"

I have 2 possible answers to that prompt -

"Do not show this message again" or "Do not allow this shortcut"

I have just been hitting escape at that point. Anyone know the shortcut to "lock" on the 8320?

Thanks!

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Re: locking screen on 8320

do you have it set to dial from home screen?? if you don't then you can hit "K" and that should lock your screen for you

Quote Originally Posted by spattson
    All,

I just received an 8320 yesterday. My previous BB was an 8700. I love the 8320 but am missing my old keyboard short of ALT and ENTER to lock the display. When i do ALT + ENTER on the 8320 i receive a message:

"Current input method changed to ENGLISH (UNITED KINGDOM) using the Alt-Enter shortuct"

I have 2 possible answers to that prompt -

"Do not show this message again" or "Do not allow this shortcut"

I have just been hitting escape at that point. Anyone know the shortcut to "lock" on the 8320?

Thanks!
    btw, how did you get a 8320 already?? is today the day they come out??
    Last edited by c3po25; 09-19-2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged.

i do have a few speed dials setup... is that the same as dial from home screen?

i attended a T-mobile/BlackBerry launch event in NYC yesterday and everyone who attended was given an 8320 upon exit... : )

i was hoping for a titanium one but it was the one with the gold finish...

so far so good... the part i really wanted to see was how well it handed off between WiFi and cell once a call was established on WiFi... so i initiated a call in my house... then started walking down the street... switched over the the EDGE network seamlessly... nice....

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

i do have a few speed dials setup... is that the same as dial from home screen?

i attended a T-mobile/BlackBerry launch event in NYC yesterday and everyone who attended was given an 8320 upon exit... : )

i was hoping for a titanium one but it was the one with the gold finish...

so far so good... the part i really wanted to see was how well it handed off between WiFi and cell once a call was established on WiFi... so i initiated a call in my house... then started walking down the street... switched over the the EDGE network seamlessly... nice....
    man, that's nice, how did you get to attend one?? I need to be going to those event so I can get a new phone...lol, no having speed dial is not the same as having dial from home. go to your call screen and hit menu to go to options and then you can see whether you have that set for dial from home or not

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Wish I could hit up the event in D.C tomorrow! I would love me some Titanium coloured Curve free goodness!

the events are invite only and i'm not really certain what the criteria is.... the company i work for has lots of blackberrys on the T-mobile network...

back to my shortcut issue... i found the call from home and it was set to "yes"... i changed it to "no" but still no lock shortcut... "k" didn't work... and alt-enter still doesn't work...

shortcoming of being in on the early 8320 wagon ; )

btw... from what they told us at the event.. the 8320 will be available starting on 9/24...

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

huh, "k" has worked for most of the BB's that I have owned...that's strange, battery pull maybe?? does any of your other shortcut keys work?? such as F for profile, M to complese message, N for bb Messenger, B for browser, Etc??

check my previous comments... i swore i saved when i left the general options menu the last time but i must not have...

i double-checked and call from home was still "yes"... so i made it "no"...

the shortcuts now work... "k" locks.. "n" messenger... "f" profile.... "m" for messages...

thanks!!!

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

check my previous comments... i swore i saved when i left the general options menu the last time but i must not have...

i double-checked and call from home was still "yes"... so i made it "no"...

the shortcuts now work... "k" locks.. "n" messenger... "f" profile.... "m" for messages...

thanks!!!
    read your previous post and it said that it "didn't work" so I guess it didn't save. Anyway, glad to hear that it's working for you now. If you have any more questions feel free to pin me. have fun with the 8320