alright so this is a first in a while. when i first purchased my blackberry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

emonster no está en línea Stack level 1

locked to rogers bb curve 8310 shutting off

Advertisement

alright so this is a first in a while. when i first purchased my blackberry a few months ago it kept freezing/shutting off so i had to do a battery pull. i called tech support and they showed me step by step of installing OS 4.5.0.81. since the upgrade no problems until this afternoon. i was at work today and we can't use our phones so i keep mine in my locker in its holster. then when i got off this afternoon to check any missed calls and messages i noticed that it was off. so i pressed the on key (end call button) it would not turn on. and usually my green LED indicator is always on so i know its not on at all. so i had to do a battery pull. what is going on? this is a first in a long time since i upgrade the OS. i got over 22 mb of free memory. i got the new FB app installed 1.6. anyone know what the deal is? does your curve occasionally shut off as well and you gotta do the pull?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    So I understand that once you did the battery pull, it started working normally again?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

yeah. i'm just wondering if its normal. if not, what is going on?

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can press ALT-LGLG to view the event log, it might give you more info to try and find out what caused the lockup.

alright so i went to the event log and i think i found the error maybe. i scrolled through the list and there "E net.rim.tcp - TNLf 0" bolded. i viewed the the event info and it gave me

Name: net.rim.tcp
    Serverity: Error
    GUID: 316c1626a9ddc375
    Time: July 18, 2008 17:51:56

is this what caused my phone to shut down? if so what is it?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm not too much into the programming/debugging side of the devices, but the description looks like a data connection error. If this isn't an on-going problem, I wouldn't worry about it. My 8900 rebooted itself last night while I was streaming some music through Orb. Never had that happen while doing that and unless it happens again, I'll chalk it up to Murphy's Law.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS