I'm trying to add the service books to support IM for AIM, MSN, and the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brandonalt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30601e17

Locked Service Books??

Advertisement

I'm trying to add the service books to support IM for AIM, MSN, and the new Yahoo...and the problem is that when I go to restore a backup of the service books, it tells me that the service books are read only and I can't restore. My local BES admin swears that it's AT&T and that they can't do anything. I've never had a problem replacing service books, they've never been locked before. Is this something new or is my admin lying to me?? :-)

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Locked Service Books??

yahoo you can get working fine with a tiny bit work. AIM and msn is a whole diff issue all together of which I am trying to fix myself
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Your BES admins are either lying or just unfamiliar with BES. The lock you're encountering is on their side, not AT&T's.

Also the WLM, ICQ, and AIM service books are T-Mo branded, they do not work on AT&T. This has alreasy been attempted, unsuccessfully I might add.

PIN/ID
    30601e17

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    yahoo you can get working fine with a tiny bit work. AIM and msn is a whole diff issue all together of which I am trying to fix myself

OK...I'd love to get Yahoo working again. Is there a thread somewhere or do you have instructions?

PIN/ID
    30601e17

OK...bumping to try and get a bit more help. I finally got through to the BES admin here. He simply doesn't know where to go to unlock the Service Books. He showed me the screen he gets and it says that the service books are read-only. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or get me a step-by-step to unlock the service books on the BES side? My admin is willing to try any advice.

Thanks.