Is There Anyway I Can Lock My Pics On My Phone So Nobody Can See ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JULIORODRIGUEZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Lock Pictures

Advertisement

Is There Anyway I Can Lock My Pics On My Phone So Nobody Can See Them Besides Me?

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5
    I would think the only way would be to lock the entire handheld...

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ doubt it. I just asked this in a thread a few days ago... Got nothing

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been trying to find some program like tat too but had no luck..lockin the handheld is too annoying..hate when people wona see your phone and then they go through everything, sms and what not..so far the only option I found was creating another picture folder in the media card and when you take picture move it into there and keeping the regular default picture folder with basic picture u dnt mind anyone seeing

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    No this is not an option for blackberrys, you need to lock the entire phone if you want to keep you pics secure.

What phone is this an option on, because everyone keeps asking about it.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Putting a password on the device would be the only way, without a third party app, and I haven't seen one to do that.
    Have some "personal" pictures you want to keep personal? :-P
    I worked for Rogers, and saw alllll kinds of personal pictures on peoples phones. They don't seem to think to clear them off before bringing them in for repair, or returning them.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Other than making a hidden folder I don't know of a way either. Even with the hidden folder, anyone smart enough to know how to explore the media card can find them if they want to......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Step 1- Set your device shortcut keys to anything other than the camera or media player.
    Step 2- Put your camera icon and your media player icon in their own folder.
    Step 3- Choose to "hide" that folder.

It is archaic, it isn't secure, and there is no guarantee that someone won't figure out how to "show all," and find your media/pictures anyway, but it is sort of a method for hiding them.

Other than that, like everyone else said, password protect your entire device.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
    Step 1- Set your device shortcut keys to anything other than the camera or media player.
    Step 2- Put your camera icon and your media player icon in their own folder.
    Step 3- Choose to "hide" that folder.

It is archaic, it isn't secure, and there is no guarantee that someone won't figure out how to "show all," and find your media/pictures anyway, but it is sort of a method for hiding them.

Other than that, like everyone else said, password protect your entire device.
    That's a couple of steps, but a great idea!

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ffinallyyyyyyyyy...i just found this link which allows you to password protect your images.. looks like few people have been using this already so it should be working fine.. ..

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

hopfully it works well ima check it out later...

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes This works. I have just locked several folders in my media section also in device section. Folders can only be locked or unlocked via the filelock icon. For free it is awesome. Also don't forget you can create two sub layers of hidden folders by using the explore option. With a lock on them there is no chance of anyone finding them.
    Last edited by seabirdone; 03-13-2008 at 09:01 AM.

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ def does work. I would try to download this off wap.getjar but it would never work. Thanks Ash + points for ya

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ash07 View Post
    Ffinallyyyyyyyyy...i just found this link which allows you to password protect your images.. looks like few people have been using this already so it should be working fine.. ..

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

hopfully it works well ima check it out later...
    Just a bump on this fantastic link for Filelock app.....Works 100% off Getjar unlike some!

kalex716 no está en línea Stack level 1
    unfortunately theirs not a "Yes to all" feature when it comes to locking and unlocking folders full of images... you have to manually lock/unlock them by saying yes perpetually. Not a bad little app though, here's to hoping for updates!