The "loading/busy" clock type thing is constantly going even after a battery pull. I can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2

"Loading/Busy" Clock won't go away

Advertisement

The "loading/busy" clock type thing is constantly going even after a battery pull. I can run apps and messages behind it but It's a bit annoying. This started after I deleted the App World application off of the phone. Several battery pulls and it is still occuring. Has this happened to anyone else? and Is this normal?

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Clorox,
    I wouldn't theink that seeing the hour glass all the time is normal. I only see it every once in a while. My only suggestion (your probably not going to like it) would be to reload your OS and start from scratch. You night also use jl_cmdr to wipe you device. You can follow this link for a tutorial on how to use JL_cmdr.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...ipe+blackberry

I hope this helps. It should do the job since you will start from scratch. My suggestion would be to just hide the Blackberry App World icon (you know "out of site, out of mind") since uninstalling it cause the issue in the first place. You could also try to reinstall BB App World and see if that fixes the broken link in the programing. However, I would opt for the 1st option and "wipe it" (Muuuahahahaha). Because if that hour glass started up again I would still think something was wrong. I am kinda anal like that. lol
    Good Luck in which ever you choose to do.

-Hank
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Clorox, before you go wiping yoir phone all willy nilly, what apps do you have running in the background? You might have something eating your memory. And it could also be your content cache in your browser, or a lot of built up messages that can be deleted.

There are other options to explore first. Wiping and reloading the OS is a last ditch effort type thing. And its not for the feint of heart.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I probably should have mentioned "Gets" steps 1st, and I apoligize for that. I keep forgetting that not everyone likes to do things the hard way. I personally like to have a fresh start when something messes up. Sorry, for jumping the gun.
    -Hank
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Have you had any change with this issue Clorox? We like updates as much as helping

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The problem persisted for another day and then I decided to uninstall and then reinstall app world with several battery pulls. I then deleted all of my messages and followed up with a battery pull and the problem still persisted. Then oddly enough after I got off of a phonecall it had stopped.. Not sure why or how this happened, but soo glad it did!

Glad to hear the problem ceased for now. Good luck with it in the future. Just remember to check on your memory once in a while. And delete old texts and emails.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I put a guide here on keeping your device's memory clean that should help keep it running at top performance. If you're seeing that hourglass constantly, it means something is accessing your device's resources a lot. Make sure when you finish with a program, you use it's close or exit function rather then hitting the end key. Also, if you have any applications that automatically update themselves, such as Twitter, Facebook, etc., consider setting their update interval higher or to a manual function. These apps don't care what you're doing when the timer goes off. They're just going to update themselves.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS