i have 5 MB of apps on my phone, i have IHARTRADIO, FACEBOOK, OPERA MINI, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes

little memory on 8310

Advertisement

i have 5 MB of apps on my phone, i have IHARTRADIO, FACEBOOK, OPERA MINI, PINSTACK APP, BIBLE APP AND 3 GAMES

is there a way to see why out of the 64 MB i have on the phone why i have only 15 MB left?? or is that normal? i deleted VIIGO and DOCS 2 GO but still only was left with 15 MB (had about 11 MB free before)

should i use maxmem or another program to delete files off my phone? what files could i delete without turning the phone to a brick?

thanks Stackers!

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Do you have a memory card installed? If so move all your photos, videos to the memory card... that should free up some memory. Also I would check to make sure you have the most up to date OS for your 8310...

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes
    all my files are in the media card, i keeop nothing on the phone,

im on 4.5 v .124

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Also, make sure you close all apps after you use them. To see what apps are running, press and hold alt button, then press the back arrow button, this will give you a box with all the apps open. Then you can go in and close them. What the two pevious posters have said, if you don't have a memory card, it would be a good idea to get one and then put all your media on it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Ditto to everything said above.....also, delete old messages, minimize the time you keep calendar events, clear your event log (alt then LGLG) then>bb key>clear log. Then, then enable memory clearing (options>security options>memory cleaning>enabled) then save. This may help some but I would also recommend a "battery pull" daily or whenever your memory is apparently getting low......best way to do this is left thumb on alt key, right thumb on right shift key then depress the del key with your forefinger.....much easier than removing the back plate and battery.....good luck.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good advice Best, forgot about the memory cleaner-good job!

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Also use maxmem to delete any unused vendor themes and voice activated dialing if you don't use them. Remember to keep all default bb themes though.

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is not bad. I get about 10.5 MB on a reboot. Still runs smooth as hell. Even when It gets down to 3 MB. UberTwitter use seems to use up a lot of Memory fast. But a reboot and it is fine.

One of the reasons I cannot wait for AT&T to take over Centennial. So I can get my hands on Bold

David