Has anyone figured out a ( free ) way to either: 1) convert protected .m4b ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kay2104 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Listening to .m4b (itunes audio books) on Blackberry 8530?

Advertisement

Has anyone figured out a (free) way to either:

1) convert protected .m4b files downloaded via iTunes to .mp3 or
    2) an application that can be used on the blackberry (8530) that will play the file type?

I'd like to burn an audio book I downloaded to a CD so I can listen to it in the car, or load it to my Blackberry so I can listen to it while I'm walking around.

I've tried Googling the issue, and didn't have much luck. Any help would be much appreciated!

blazingangel1986 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i know this thread is old but i discovered an oddity here, I have a blackberry bold 3 the 9650 from verizon and its loaded up with os 6 wich partiuclar version would be the latest as of this date. i noticed on the memory card when formatted theres an audiobook folder, i placed an m4b audiobook into the audiobook folder and i noticed that it dosent show up in the music player but in the video player and plays fine, and just like the video files when you pause them and come back to them they resume from the last play point, the audiobooks do the same.... but why they show up in the video section is beyond me lol

Quote Originally Posted by blazingangel1986 View Post
    i know this thread is old but i discovered an oddity here, I have a blackberry bold 3 the 9650 from verizon and its loaded up with os 6 wich partiuclar version would be the latest as of this date. i noticed on the memory card when formatted theres an audiobook folder, i placed an m4b audiobook into the audiobook folder and i noticed that it dosent show up in the music player but in the video player and plays fine, and just like the video files when you pause them and come back to them they resume from the last play point, the audiobooks do the same.... but why they show up in the video section is beyond me lol
    Interesting, I took a look and the audiobook folder is present on both my current 9780 Bold and my daughter's 8520 Curve - odd that it would play in the video player, but at least it's available. Gotta love how BlackBerry does things! BTW Blazing Angel, welcome to the Stacks!