I'm having difficulty getting level 1 message alerts to work and was hoping someone out ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brucepainter no está en línea Stack level 1

Level 1 Messages

Advertisement

I'm having difficulty getting level 1 message alerts to work and was hoping someone out there might be able to help.

This is what I have done so far:

1. Set up an email filter to forward any email that has a subject line [Alert]* as a level 1 message.

2. Modified Profiles->Normal->Level 1 Messages and set the ringer and volume I want

All email I receive, with [Alert] in the subject line or not, seems to be using the ringer and volume set in my Profiles->Normal->Messages[Desktop].

I have also tried setting the Subject filter to *[Alert]* and had the same result.

Am I missing some wildcard magic to get the filter to work correctly?
    Ideas?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Make sure you set the tune to Level 1 Messages - if you set it to the normal ringtone for messages it won't work.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

brucepainter no está en línea Stack level 1
    I do have the tune for level 1 messages set to a its own distinctive ringtone.
    I actually have a different ring tone set for each message type, that was how I could determine that the message is coming in as a normal message.

I've even tried changing the filter so that if an email comes from a specific email address, to forward it as a level 1 message, and that still comes through as a normal message.

I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with a setting on our Enterprise Server that isn't recognizing the level 1 message flag...