Hi, yesterday I bought a used curve from someone off craigslist, and I made sure ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dankara no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Letter A doesnt work

Advertisement

Hi, yesterday I bought a used curve from someone off craigslist, and I made sure the phone worked and all that, but it wasn't until later that I notice the A/* button didn't work. By any chance do any of you know what could have happened? Is this something that is common, or do i need to bring it to a repair service? any imput would be great.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Letter A doesnt work

Hmm, I've never heard of just one letter not working. Sounds like a hardware problem and may need to be sent in for repair. Have you already done a battery pull?
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

dankara no está en línea Stack level 1

I have not tried a bettery pull, but i did get the phone totally uncharged, if thats basically the same thing. I dont have the phone right by me right now, but when i get home in a little while ill give it a try.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Well take out the battery while the phone is on and leave it out for about 30 seconds then put it back in. I can't guarantee that it will work but you'd be surprised how many problems that solves! Good luck!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had the same problem, only with a few letters instead of just one. I'm sorry to tell you but I had to end up replacing my unit. I'm not technical at all but for what I understood from the repair guy, the Curve has two layers of circuits beneath the keyboard, like a sandwich. Apparently a slight pressure can break the middle layer.
    So in conclusion and speaking strictly from personal experience, it seems hardware related and you'll have to take the unit to service.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

or maybe theres just a big accumulation of dust on that specific location under the keyboard maybe opening it and cleaning might be a good idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I second the cleaning issue. A good can of compressed air and some lint free cloths would help. Have you tried contacting the seller? Maybe they knew about it before it was sold to you. And if that's the case I would reaise some holy heck,~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~