I have an issue where an individual has two phones; one of which being her ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Let me get them digits!

Advertisement

I have an issue where an individual has two phones; one of which being her BlackBerry curve 8330. The BlackBerry is her work phone, and the other one is just personal.

This person broke the screen on their personal phone; and was told by an employee at the Verizon store that her BlackBerry has a firewall on it; preventing them from transferring her Contacts from her personal phone to her BlackBerry.

Might any of you have some knowledge of this issue. OR, is it an error at the Verizon store between the Keyboard and the Chair? The same guy also said that music could not be uploaded to the phone because of the same firewall issue.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Nedric7; 10-20-2008 at 10:36 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It is quite probable that there is an IT policy that restricts transfer of info to or from the 8330 if it is a company provided work phone.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    Yeah that might be the case. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    At Sprint, We have a device called Cellbrite that can copy contacts from any phone to any phone, including BBs. This is how I transferred all of my contact info when I upgraded to my 8330. I have never seen any issues with transferring data to or from a BB, whether they were on a BES or not. Might want to try another store and see if you get the same answer.

aalqadaffi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B21B7B
    I've also never seen that problem. I work at Verizon and we use the Cellebrite machine as well. It tells you how to deal with a phone that is on BES when you start the transfer. What you were told sounds a bit dubious. I'd go to another store and try again.
    BlackBerry 8830, BlackBerry 8130, BlackBerry 8330
    Nokia N71
    getatthekid.com
    myspace.com/ohsocute

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If the personal phone is also a blackberry why not just backup and transfer data via DM?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't think DM has any way of copying data from a non BB phone.

prettyhnic23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The rep/tech might be right . If its a work phone and under BES it might have a password in order for you to transfer files contacts etc. Now if she knows the password she can tell the rep/tech to input that in so you can do the transfer .

I just tried to backup my data using the cellbrite. My phone is a work phone on a BES. I was able to copy the information from my BB to an SD card for backup. I had no issues connecting to the BB. The only thing you may need to know is that the cellbrite tool loads a client software on your device and it needs to be started on the BB for the data to be captured and written.

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The individual i was speaking of just called me from her second Verizon store, and they gave her the same message. The BlackBerry was stopping the transfer of her contacts from her personal phone to her blackberry due to a "firewall" and requested a password.

She has a password to unlock the phone- that didn't work

there was the password we used to active the enterprise-that didn't work

there was also the password we use to ID our accout with Verizon- that too didnt work.

I am not sure where this said password would come from ?

RickNY no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedric7 View Post
    She has a password to unlock the phone- that didn't work

Is she using what she thinks is a numeric password to unlock the phone? If so, it likely isnt numeric (unless she puts numlock on or holds the ALT key during entry of every digit) -- my guess is Cellbrite is seeking the alphabetical unlock code, same as DM would do -- i.e. if she thinks her unlock code is '1234', the password is 'wers'

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not to familar with BES but could it be a password she would have to get from the BES admin?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    She might have to old school and keep the number in the black book. Or just get a personal pearl..