Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by jacobwelsh The battery can be changed, apple makes there products Clean looking, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Leaving Blackberry :-(

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwelsh
    The battery can be changed, apple makes there products Clean looking, im sure there will be a way to change the battery
    Not on this one. Not without taking the phone apart.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

jacobwelsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

And not to bash windows ( because i use it through BootCamp (on my mac windows cant do that) ) but look at all the Crap that has become of windows. Viruses,Spyware,Adware

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    Not on this one. Not without taking the phone apart.

Really dont you all think that is kinda yes stupid
    Last edited by jacobwelsh; 06-06-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

The battery can be changed, apple makes there products Clean looking, im sure there will be a way to change the battery
    Like I said, I love Apple. I typed this on my macBook, I own a nano, and a Pearl.

Im sure that there is a way to change the battery, but I dont want to find out the hardway. I would be severly discouraged to find out that I would have to send my only means of communication all the way back to Cali to replace the battery. Becuase in the mean time, I would have to buy another phone to replace it, and since the phone is gone so to are my contacts.

If you go to boygeniusreport.com he had done multiple write ups about the phone, and you can get more information about it. Ive been watching the phone since the introduction and I was on the bandwagon, at first. But some of the things that I have seen about it make me leary and disinterested.

Im sure that I could go on, but nah. I would rather see you make a informed decision than throw useless crap your way.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I have to admit iphone is really tempting because it looks freakin sexy. But I'm a crackberry now..

Goodluck and hope to see you back here

jacobwelsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Same here

PIN/ID

And not to bash windows ( because i use it through BootCamp (on my mac windows cant do that) ) but look at all the Crap that has become of windows. Viruses,Spyware,Adware

Really dont you all think that is kinda yes stupid
    I think it's at best an inconvienence. At worst it will be a deal breaker for heavy users. I suppose it depends on how long the battery really lasts the average user and how quickly it will charge. I've have a few smarthphones that would not last a full day on a charge but those were 3G devices. I've never had an EDGE device that couldn't make it though a day even with heavy use.

Remember, the first Treo devices didn't have removable batteries either but it didn't stop those from being a top seller and an icon in the smartphone world. If the battery lasted me a full day to day and a half, I'd probably be good with it. (Spare car and wall chargers on hand would be a must though)

One could argue that the lack of 3G and Wifi will go along way in sparing the need of a removable battery as the power consumption would be much lower. When those are incorporated into the next release, I think we'll see a removable battery.

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496
    Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    I can see the iPhone appealing to consumers more than a BlackBerry, but you're kidding yourself if you think the iPhone is going ot make a dent with the BB's corporate and government base.
    I couldn't agree more. Contracts, contracts, contracts... Plus, the touch screen would never fly with the dod.

primedude no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've owned and used plenty of Apple products, and no way would I line up for a Rev. A Apple device. Particularly when reports suggest the iPhone's successor is already in the works.

To each his own, but I'd wait for this one to shake itself out before hopping onboard this train -- particularly when no more than a couple dozen outsiders have had a chance to spend time with the iPhone.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The Iphone looks good but your good sense tells you to wait for the 2nd gen. Just wait and observe and you'll be better off. That's what I'm doin cause it has to be a killer for me to give up my pearl that I'm typing one handed with right now! And don't forget that price! I'm still on a budget for my xbox 360 and that comes first!

mujixianren no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204F8A8E

I like iphone ,too.But i don't know when i can buy one in china.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by mujixianren
    I like iphone ,too.But i don't know when i can buy one in china.
    That depends on how "exclusive" the iPhone really is to Cingular. And what deal Apple makes with the carrier of choice in China. In the States, for the next five years, the iPhone is exclusive to Cingular. I can't imgaine that that would hinder any release through Asian and European markets after the US release. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my gadget freak Brothers and Sisters accross the ocean.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree homer, i think our 5 year deal with apple is in the us, we don't have a carrier over sea's so we really can't affect those markets.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by wassona

First, the phone doesnt have a user replaceable battery. If the battery dies/goes bad, your screwed. Cingy/ATT never offers insurance so your going to have to dish out more money to replace the phone.

The phone doesn't have a sim card slot. Like the iPod it has the shiny a$$ syndrome. No sim card slot means that you cant buy the phone, keep it for years and change service providers. You wont be able to change service providers.
    I'm sure there is going to a normal 1 year warranty for the battery issue, there shouldn't be a charge to do a warranty exchange.

Also i can't see how it's not going to accept a sim card seeing, as all of our products needs a sim to run. There probably a slot on the slide like the old Treo's. I'll have to clarify this tomorrow.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

What do you all think i should do????
    Just what do you find about the iPhone that is compelling enough to buy one?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Apple Products are far superior to others that "meet" the same quailifications
    Please provide a link to your source of this information.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast