Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by Schnergun good luck with that decision. I believe like every other apple ... BlackBerry Curve forum

crdean1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Leaving Blackberry :-(

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Schnergun
    good luck with that decision. I believe like every other apple to come out its going to full of bugs and just a piece of crap. ill wait till it drops in price like everything else.
    That is the most uneducated comment I've read in a long time. Not sure if you realize this or not, but Apple is much more dependable than pc. I have used both for a long time. Each is great for different tasks, but you couldn't be more off in your understanding of Apple products.

On topic, to the OP, you'll love it....at least until the 2nd Gen. comes out.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

iPhone offers no advatage to me. I prefer a real keyboard and thanks to JiveTalk I can be online on all my instant messenger accounts 24/7.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

The iPhone is pretty cool, but it isnt really practical. I don't get the touch screen for the keyboard.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Come on out Apple bashers...I own a lot of that crap and a lot of my friends and family have decided that their great zunes and PCs were just too good for them so they ended up with crap just like me....

Sorry people. Apples engineers are the best in the business. RIM has made an honest effort to push Mac owners from their BBs. Jeff Han's multi touch screen will revolutionize many industries. I don't need to be cutting edge but it would be nice if I can sync tasks and contacts with more than 2 numbers. I love my 7100i but I will be in line for an iPhone on June 29th also. I wish only the best for everyone here, even the FUDsters that hate Apple. I don't hate BB but RIM needs to learn a lesson in customer support. I'm not saying that RIM will go out of business, but if anyone at RIM thinks the iPhone won't effect their business in some way they should start taking reality pills. If Steve Jobs says he plans on selling 100,000,000 iPhones, I believe him. I believe that some people still think the iPod is just a passing fad, too. To each their own.

The touch screen keyboard will work great (check out Jeff Han's video) but I will just use the bluetooth keyboard like I do with my BB anyway.
    Last edited by jwlussow; 06-06-2007 at 03:22 PM.

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

I can see the iPhone appealing to consumers more than a BlackBerry, but you're kidding yourself if you think the iPhone is going ot make a dent with the BB's corporate and government base.

jacobwelsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I use blackberry for my business, and I was planning buying an iphone for both personal and buisness but, Im rethinking the on the screen keyboard

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Some businesses will flock to it because it is more secure than the BB. Apple will hold very tight reigns on third party programs and hackers will have a lot more trouble finding openings. The touch screen will work much better than anyone realizes and yes, the second generation will be better than the first. The cost is on AT&T's wireless website so I doubt if the AT&T store in Tulsa is going to be able to change the pricing that is everywhere else in the nation. $499 is not that much more than I paid for my 7100i ($399) and the iPhone will sync with my platform of choice. So, for $100 I get a phone that I can do software updates to using my own computer, it will sync with Outlook, Entourage, Mail, Contacts and Tasks plus it will hold 4 GBs of data that I can transfer to and from my Macs or PCs. Why is that $100 bothering everybody. BBs are expensive, too.

Try the iPhone at the AT&T store before you decide what to do. Seems pretty simple to me. If you don't like the multi touch screen then you haven't lost anything. People here that cut it down before they have seen it and cut Apple down when they obviously have never touch anything Apple should go out and try one. You might like Green Eggs and Ham.

It's only $100 more than I paid for my BB and it does everything the BB does and much more. I will be supported by the developer after the purchase, that is worth the $100 right there. If RIM supported my platform of choice I wouldn't even consider the move, but the fact is that RIM has decided that my business is not needed so I will look elsewhere. No hard feelings. They will run their business like they want. I just feel that it might be a mistake in the long run to ignore 10 or 15 million potential customers.

PS: jacobwelsh, get a backbone! You started this thread and after a very minor FUD attack you decide that the touch screen isn't any good. Did you try it or do you just believe the guy that says that all of Apple's stuff is crap?
    Last edited by jwlussow; 06-06-2007 at 04:37 PM.

jessi0429 no está en línea Stack level 1

i think the iPhone is cool, and i love my blackberry, but i know i've dropped my pearl a couple times (aaah!) and wonder what dropping an iPhone would do to it's touchscreen...no one's perfect...you're gonna drop that sucker eventually.

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Schnergun
    good luck with that decision. I believe like every other apple to come out its going to full of bugs and just a piece of crap. ill wait till it drops in price like everything else.
    Spoken like someone with a serious bias and who likes to pass on misinformation.

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwelsh
    Finally Decided to get an iPhone, will be camped outside a AT&T store waiting!!
    I have no doubt that the iPhone will be good ... eventually. Give them time to refine it, drop the price and get it with 3G. Apple makes great products and even better second-generation products. ;-)

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jwlussow
    Some businesses will flock to it because it is more secure than the BB. Apple will hold very tight reigns on third party programs and hackers will have a lot more trouble finding openings. The touch screen will work much better than anyone realizes and yes, the second generation will be better than the first. The cost is on AT&T's wireless website so I doubt if the AT&T store in Tulsa is going to be able to change the pricing that is everywhere else in the nation. $499 is not that much more than I paid for my 7100i ($399) and the iPhone will sync with my platform of choice. So, for $100 I get a phone that I can do software updates to using my own computer, it will sync with Outlook, Entourage, Mail, Contacts and Tasks plus it will hold 4 GBs of data that I can transfer to and from my Macs or PCs. Why is that $100 bothering everybody. BBs are expensive, too.

Try the iPhone at the AT&T store before you decide what to do. Seems pretty simple to me. If you don't like the multi touch screen then you haven't lost anything. People here that cut it down before they have seen it and cut Apple down when they obviously have never touch anything Apple should go out and try one. You might like Green Eggs and Ham.

It's only $100 more than I paid for my BB and it does everything the BB does and much more. I will be supported by the developer after the purchase, that is worth the $100 right there. If RIM supported my platform of choice I wouldn't even consider the move, but the fact is that RIM has decided that my business is not needed so I will look elsewhere. No hard feelings. They will run their business like they want. I just feel that it might be a mistake in the long run to ignore 10 or 15 million potential customers.

PS: jacobwelsh, get a backbone! You started this thread and after a very minor FUD attack you decide that the touch screen isn't any good. Did you try it or do you just believe the guy that says that all of Apple's stuff is crap?
    I agree with you 100% I have a Macbook, iPod, and an Apple Airport I agree people who bash apple have never experianced what it is like not to have a virus on your computer, or the simplicity of a Mac product.....

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I don't understand the need to bash Apple either. Espcially hardware wise. You don't have to hate one to like the other. I like my RIM devices. I like my Apple products. I like many products from other vendors. Some people speak as if they must swear a blood allegiance to one product or platform over another. To say that Apple only makes crap just shows the ignorance of an idividual but to say that Apple can do no wrong is also ignorant. This holds true again for any product or platform. Some are good, some are bad, some are just okay but the great thing is we get to choose the product that does the best job for our needs. And guess what?? You don't have to limit yourself to just one!!

NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE IN VILOATION OF ANY LAW IN ANY STATE OR COUNTRY IF YOU CHOOSE TO LIKE BOTH THE IPHONE AND THE BLACKBERRY. OUR CURRENT CONSTITUION GUARANTEES US THE RIGHT TO OWN AND CARRY BOTH (AT THE SAME TIME EVEN) DEVICES HOWEVER IT SUITS YOU.

I don't really think that the iPhone was designed to directly compete with RIM in any way. I don't care if anyone at Apple said differently. No one who uses or depends on corporate email is going to out right abandon their Blackberrys for a device that offers no secured "push" mail option with BES type administration controls on the backend. Especially for a first generation product on a new, unproven platform. As our company's BES/Exchange administrator, I can promise you that the iPhone will not be supported by our network until it supports the type of controls and security that RIM provides and proves itself to be a reliable, stable and supportable device. Who's the iPhone in direct competition with? EVERY OTHER MEDIACENTRIC CELL PHONE/SMARTPHONE DEVICE ON THE MARKET.

That being said, if you aren't a corporate BES user, or just someone who wants a change from the RIM platform and devices then go and buy an iPhone and enjoy it. RIM isn't going to send you a dirty letter or not let you come back should you decide to use a Blackberry again.

Really people, I just don't see why anyone see the need to debate this issue or bad mouth one device over the other. It's like trying to argue whether a car or a truck is better to own. The best one to own is simply the one that YOU like the best and that best suits your individual needs.

On top of that, RIM isn't excately asleep at the wheel. Look how far they've come with the Curve to try and deliver not only the solid email serivce they are famous for but a multimedia device as well. So now you don't have to be jealous of the other smartphone users for being able to snap a quick photo, play some music or watch a video on their devices. If the iPhone turns out to be half as good as it's hype, then RIM, and the others, will be forced to keep giving us better devices and more features to stay competative.

So the release of such high tech advancements in hardware and sotware like the iPhone should not be viewed as a threat. It should be embrased. I say KUDOS to Apple, RIM, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, Nokia, Motorola, HTC and all the rest for their efforts to keep the high tech tools and toys that we love so much coming our way.

Be loyal to yourself, not to a product.

PS. If you want an iPhone don't listen to those that tell you not to buy the first gen and wait for the second release. If no one buys the the first, there won't be a second. :-) Buy the first, enjoy. When the 2nd gen hits, sell it on Ebay and buy the new one. That's what us true phone whores do!
    Last edited by evilhomer; 06-06-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

I love apple, but I dont like some certain aspects to the iPhone and I think that they are major deciding factors.

First, the phone doesnt have a user replaceable battery. If the battery dies/goes bad, your screwed. Cingy/ATT never offers insurance so your going to have to dish out more money to replace the phone.

The phone doesn't have a sim card slot. Like the iPod it has the shiny a$$ syndrome. No sim card slot means that you cant buy the phone, keep it for years and change service providers. You wont be able to change service providers.

The phone is locked down by Apple, which means that you will only be able to customize it to a certain extent. No 3rd party apps for a while. Its the first gen of the phone, major bugs for a while, wait for the second gen.

Ive heard rumors that Jobs used three different iPhones for the keynote. Ive watched the video multiple times and havent noticed it, but that doesn't mean anything.

If you want to buy the new phone, go for it. Its your money and your time. Just remember that all of us here have devices, all though quirky, work.
    Last edited by wassona; 06-06-2007 at 05:37 PM.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    I Love Macs! No seriously I do... But I thought the IPhone was said to not open up as a removeable drive? If I have something for media or data... removable drive is a must. IMHO
    Ive seen that statement as well. Jobs said that they werent going to let the phone be seen as a storage device.

PIN/ID

The battery can be changed, apple makes there products Clean looking, im sure there will be a way to change the battery

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast