For the past week when I leave my house and UMA my service says SOS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

When I leave UMA, I need to soft-reset to get service

Advertisement

For the past week when I leave my house and UMA my service says SOS until I do a battery pull or soft reset. Anyone else experiencing this? Anything I can do to fix it? Thanks

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I have experienced it in the past on my curve as well. I turned UMA off for voice and use it exclusively for data now on my end. If you need UMA then you should be able to just shut the wireless off (the network connections) and restart the wireless without having to do a hard reboot. Sounds like the tower is not taking the handoff well. I would also contact T-Mobile (if that is who you are using) about the issue to have them look at the tower.

Zo

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    i agree with amigotek

as said just push the botton to reboot the network so you dont have to do a battery pull, i do the same thing too. they would be gladly to help you. good luck

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks. i'll call t mobile if it happens again

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~are you guys using 4.5? Because I've been having this issue since the first 4.5 beta. What I do is I just go to Manage Connections, uncheck both mobile network and wifi, wait til it turns to a red x and then check them back again. Its frustrating, but I hope fix is on the way.

Oh and by the way, I never had this issue with 4.2

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I was using 4.2 (the original as came loaded on the phone). I haven't tried on 4.5 because I can't afford to have the call drop as I leave UMA.

Zo