Does anyone notice a little ripple (wave) in the lower right hand corner of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

claykin no está en línea Stack level 2

LCD ripple when pressing END key?

Advertisement

Does anyone notice a little ripple (wave) in the lower right hand corner of the LCD when the END key is pressed? I also notice that the LCD will ripple if you press anywhere on the screen (pretend its a touch screen) or if you slightly squeeze the case a bit around the chrome band. I was really surprised to see it ripple so easily since other BBerry's I've owned always provided excellent protection for the LCD.
    Last edited by claykin; 03-04-2009 at 09:22 AM.

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think you're just pressing to hard.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by blkmz3 View Post
    I think you're just pressing to hard.. lol
    Nope. normal force on the END key will ripple the LCD. I've seen others on Crackberry complain of the same issue...

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    yea this happens to me too.. i guess nothing is covering/ protecting the screen like the older berry's
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    It does. And I simply tap the end key and move on.
    As for around the bezel, not on mine. And I try to poke my screen as little as possible, fingerprints n all.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Some LCDs have a protective metal ring around the edge of the screen to protect against this type of issue. I'm guessing either: 1) RIM has multi vendors for the LCD and not all are created equal 2) RIM has production issues that cause only some 8900's to have this issue (maybe there is variance in the way the LCD's are being mounted to the PCB. 3) Or, they all do it but some people just don't pay attention.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm not trying to be harsh, but this isn't a deal breaker or anything I'm concerned about. I love this blackberry. If it causes long term damage I've got the warrenty/insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'm not trying to be harsh, but this isn't a deal breaker or anything I'm concerned about. I love this blackberry. If it causes long term damage I've got the warrenty/insurance.
    I cannot argue with you about that. Its more of an annoyance and probably a byproduct of RIM trying to cram so much into a small/thin housing. I'm still wondering though why only some seem to experience it (or some users are not discerning enough to notice it)

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Happens to me for sure... Regular presses on keys near the lcd... Mute key, volume keys... Left convenience key and the send / end and menu. /back keys... They all occasionally give me a ripple...

And I'm definately not pressing too hard... Apparently the device is just delicate...

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    I get the ripple effect as well when hitting the End key. No big deal for me. I had the same thing happen back on my 8800.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't notice the ripple effect unless I press dirctly on the screen. And even then it's not that noticeable.