Downloaded launch icons (Cnn, Espn etc) no longer work after 4.5 upgrade on 8330. This ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Launch icons broken

Advertisement

Downloaded launch icons (Cnn, Espn etc) no longer work after 4.5 upgrade on 8330. This is an annoying situation. I ran into it on an 8830 and after several hours with both VZW and Rim determined it was not going to happen on that model. I switched to an 8330 which worked fine on 4.3 but broke on upgraded - and stayed broke after downgrading.

What happens is that the launch icons start the WAP browser and the connection times out. Seems the necessary WAP service books don't exist and there seems to be no way to provision them. Browsing directly to the links works fine.

Anyone else see/solve this?
    PIN: 303150C7

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    They work fine on my 8330 through several upgrades and downgrades between 4.3 and 4.5. Did you try resending service books and deleting and reinstalling the launcher icons?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also a couple other things to try. Delete your browser service books then re-send, sometimes there can be something corrupt in a service book that only gets fixed by deleting first. Also try clearing out your browser cache and cookies to see if that helps.
    Last edited by azstar; 11-05-2008 at 12:13 PM.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7
    Hmm. Will certainly try that, thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~