Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I am going to try the DM sp2 and see if that makes a difference. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: The Latest Curve OS from Optus Mobile Pty Limited (chinese/english ONLY)

Advertisement

I am going to try the DM sp2 and see if that makes a difference. HOPE HOPE !!

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    I am using Optus OS - which is identical to the oldest OS I had. Used both of my files posted in a different thread and it's working great. No PTT and all vendor themes.

I changed the files before uploading the new OS. I guess this is what made the difference. If you upload the OS then overwrite exisitng files you get an error.

If I have some free time I will compil both files again for Optus OS.
    Actually, when I loaded mine previously I had changed the files prior to launching the DM and when it gave me the error 200. Then I tried to load the OS without the files being changed. It worked and the OS was running, then I make the change in the files....BIG MISTAKE, that's when the good ol' apps error 200 came back for another visit. I guess the problem is all in either the Blackberry.AXL or the Platform.AXL

Also when others got the OS to work for Tmo user they were still missing the browser...I haven't attempted to reload the software again just yet.

PIN/ID
    retired

OK, let me try a PURE version of the Optus and see what happens

PIN/ID
    retired

Still can't connect to the device. Might be cause of Vista....not really sure anymore. Going to try this on my XP laptop and pray for better results !!!

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Darryl,
    First I assume the vendor.xml file is history correct?
    Second, use the command line to load the software, see previous references, it is the only way you will get it to work.

On a sidenote, I have been on a few long calls with this new os. Seems I am getting knocked off as I see the phone communicating at the same time. Is this coincidence or ???? I have never, ever been knocked off as many timees before. Seems the gprs / edge kicks in, drops the call.
    Anyone else having an issue like this?

PIN/ID
    retired

Yes, the vendor file is gone. Sorry but I do not know how to do the JavaLoader program. Can you give me some step by steps?

This is what I suggested yesterday. Let me know if you run into problems.

Sometimes the JL_CMDER program fails to connect to your Blackberry. Don't panic...
    hit start
    hit run
    type cmd
    type cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    you should see you are no in the dos directory of the folder mentioned above
    type loader.exe /nojvm

This should kick in your app loader and you can breathe a sigh of relief.
    Just make sure you are using the USB connection on the drop down you will see, not COM3.
    Enjoy...

PIN/ID
    retired

Ran Good, waiting for the Curve to restart...and its taking a long long time....nervously optomistic ZIPPED.

PIN/ID
    retired

Ahhhh.... Its back, working, and totally clean of all of my stuff...but its ALIVE !!!!
    thanks thanks thanks ZIPPED

Awesome. Glad it worked!!! Nice to see that familiar start up screen again I bet!

PIN/ID
    retired

wholly..... was even glad to see the crappy vendor theme !! haahaaa

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Anyone here actually using this OS for Tmobile?

I don't think anyone who is using BIS only (not BES & BIS) can use this OS for Tmobile. As Cherri mentioned, it is working fine on AT&T.

For some reason the correct service books aren't being sent from Tmobile when this is used.
    I would like to hear if I am wrong though. 99.9999999% solid on this however.

PIN/ID
    retired

i did a "Show All" for the icons and got a "Saved Messages" and a "Compose" icon. Not sure if this was on the Curve before or not...[just got mine] but was happy to see these. Email and SMS are separated on my BB.

Is this new to this version?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast