Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ok. Yes. I do have a service book that reads blackberry internet ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: The Latest Curve OS from Optus Mobile Pty Limited (chinese/english ONLY)

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok. Yes. I do have a service book that reads blackberry internet browsing service and ine that says IPPP for BIBS.

Was this an initial problem when u got ur curve? Ur tmo right?

So you have resent your service books from your bis account?

::edit::
    so, here is a link to my (im ATT, so im guessing this will only work for ATT - if someone wants to chime in and confirm because im still not sure if the code you enter is for YOUR carrier or the brand of phone) edited blackberry.alx file. you should save as to this path and replace your existing blackberry.alx file
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.114_P2.4.0.53

This is the path you follow to delete the PTT cod file: net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.114_P2.4.0.53\Java

these instructions ^^ and files work on THIS OS and on an ATT curve on ATT network. i can't confirm any other carrier. you can however take my blackberry.alx file and add your carrier code in beside every 100
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 07-02-2007 at 03:31 PM.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Strange, I have that one too. Service books I have are:
    email (cical)
    email (cmime)
    email (cical)
    email (cmime)
    Provisioning
    IPP for BIBS
    BBFS1
    BBSF2
    TMobile USA WAP Transport
    MMS Config
    Wap Push Config

Tried Opera Mini, talk about a program that blows....
    So you(Cherri) have the Optus OS loaded, have done the PTT/Theme edits, and have the Blackberry Browser? I guess I should ask if what provider you have as well. BIS or BES? BES has the browser, BIS may be hit and miss.

Really shouldn't be too many variations that make this that different...

Hey there Cherri, saw the new edit to your last post. AT&T may send the service book as they support the 8300.
    Any stackers out there have Tmobile as your provider, have the Optus loaded, and are getting the tmobile browser?

I even changed my phone on Tmobile account to show an 8800, but still no service book/browser

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Hey there, I just attempted to load this software and I have done this a bunch of times on my previous 8700 on XP, but with this version of the handheld with the "all vendor themes and PTT disable files" I have had a "snag" in the install. on the 2nd last step of the install I am now getting this message on my curve on a white screen "App Error 200" with a RESET prompt. HEELLLLPPPPPPP

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Darryl - did u use the instructions that I posted at the top of this thread?

PIN/ID
    retired

Cherri, just went back a page and saw that someone did the same thing I did. I am re-installing and NOT using those 2 files to remove PTT. Edited the blackberry.alx to get all the themes but didn't touch anything.... Need precious to work first ... then will get back to removing unused codes.

PIN/ID
    retired

hmmm..... reinstalled on my comp, edited the vendor theme numbers and still gettin the app error 200. suggestions ?

PIN/ID
    ATA

darryl - when you used my file, did you edit the blackberry.alx file to the rogers number?
    i don't know what that is?
    i can't imagine why it didn't work...i would, and i know this sucks, uninstall the OS from add/remove programs, go back and reinstall (shouldn't take long and re-edit the blackberry.alx file)

PTT can only be removed through the java folder i have noted above

Evening Darryl.
    Take a look at the Tmobile browser tutorial a couple lines after this thread. I helped another person earlier today.
    1. Verify you deleted the vendor.xml out of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ Be sure it is gone from this folder. On your PC

2. Use the command line app to get your phone reloaded with the OS.

I will be up for a bit, will watch the forum to help as I can.

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

I am using Optus OS - which is identical to the oldest OS I had. Used both of my files posted in a different thread and it's working great. No PTT and all vendor themes.

I changed the files before uploading the new OS. I guess this is what made the difference. If you upload the OS then overwrite exisitng files you get an error.

If I have some free time I will compil both files again for Optus OS.

PIN/ID
    ATA

what do you mean by changing the file before you upload - you mean directly after you install it to your pc, but before you launch DM? right?

you think they are doing something different? i would like to get to the bottom of the error 200

My money is people aren't deleting the vendor file, missing it as it isn't in the same file as the other two. Guilty here as well, but it only took once to learn that beauty.

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

Yes Cherri - I have changed the files before launching DM. I can only think of this to make a difference.

PIN/ID
    retired

and I have been deleting the vendor files. After nervously sleeping I am going to uninstall Optus and reinstall and manually change blackberry.alx for the themes only. See if that works. Last night it kept saying that it couldn't initiate the device so.....we'll see.

PIN/ID
    retired

ok, now I have done it...."Loader is unable to connect to the device" so I can't update the handheld....any suggestions??