Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I followed the instructions on here, I did that for the O2 and it did ... BlackBerry Curve forum

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Re: The Latest Curve OS from Optus Mobile Pty Limited (chinese/english ONLY)

Advertisement

I followed the instructions on here, I did that for the O2 and it did just fine, but I did this 3 times and couldn't get it right.....any suggestions??

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._suppress.html

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I was in the same boat last night as C3PO.
    What I did is load this new OS into desktop manager, used cizakes tutorial and the two files he made. (blackberry.alx and platform.alx) to take care of the themes and remove PTT.

Let me tell you now that is a big boo-boo.

Thought my new curve was down for the count with the app error 200. Used the JL_CMDER file, wasn't working. Luckily the command line forced the app loader to work. Then for some reason the app loader quit midway while loading. My curve rebooted, this time with the infamous app error 507, it couldn't find the usb port, just com3 arghhh.
    Another hour later, I mananged to get the loader working again (love that search button...) back in business and the OS restored.

So, the question is what to alter in this os version to get rid of the ptt and open the themes? I see Cherri has it done, but I am hesitant to waste another 4 hours on another mishap.
    Any suggestions?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i left the PTT thing. All i did was unlock the themes and i am fine. i even did it on hubbys curve and no issues yet *looks for wood to knock on*

Did You delete the vendor XML file?

Yeppers, deleted the vendor.xml file as well. Looks like I will try again, keeps fingers crossed.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by zipped
    Yeppers, deleted the vendor.xml file as well. Looks like I will try again, keeps fingers crossed.
    Zipped, keep us posted on that. I currently back on O2 and another thing I noticed is that when I replaced the blackberry AXL file and the platform it deleted a lot more modules in the Optus OS than when I did it with the O2 OS. I'm sure that has something to do with it, but can't figure out how to prevent that.
    Last edited by c3po25; 07-02-2007 at 11:30 AM.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

I was in the same boat last night as C3PO.
    What I did is load this new OS into desktop manager, used cizakes tutorial and the two files he made. (blackberry.alx and platform.alx) to take care of the themes and remove PTT.

Let me tell you now that is a big boo-boo.

Thought my new curve was down for the count with the app error 200. Used the JL_CMDER file, wasn't working. Luckily the command line forced the app loader to work. Then for some reason the app loader quit midway while loading. My curve rebooted, this time with the infamous app error 507, it couldn't find the usb port, just com3 arghhh.
    Another hour later, I mananged to get the loader working again (love that search button...) back in business and the OS restored.

So, the question is what to alter in this os version to get rid of the ptt and open the themes? I see Cherri has it done, but I am hesitant to waste another 4 hours on another mishap.
    Any suggestions?
    That procedure didn't work for me either...I also encountered the error "app error 200". I had to do a wipe using JL commander and resinstalled the new OS without the PTT and Unlock theme file procedure...I unlocked the themes the old fashioned way by modifying the blackberry.alx file.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by dts51
    That procedure didn't work for me either...I also encountered the error "app error 200". I had to do a wipe using JL commander and resinstalled the new OS without the PTT and Unlock theme file procedure...I unlocked the themes the old fashioned way by modifying the blackberry.alx file.
    someone had succesfuflly loaded the Optus OS plain without the PTT removal and unlock theme steps, then proceeded to unlocked the theme with the blackberry AXL after, however did not perform the removal of PTT. Seems like they have had some satisfying results. might have to give that a try tonight.

Okay, all set here, blackberry supposed to increase my productivity....guess just not today, lol.
    I went in manually as well to the blackberry.alx file. Desktop software noted the changes and loaded up the themes. All set....

Found another thread (give props to wassona) all we have to do is go back to your os folder, go into the java folder, delete net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod. Did this, connected the curve to the desktop manager. Desktop manager did not automatically detect the change, so just clicked application loader, it then went into action, noted the changes and proceeded to install. My curve reset, all is great. *does a quick Irish jig*

O2 Zen them is very clean, just wish the zen list theme was here, which it is not.
    Only issue is no TMobile Browser yet, I did the whole tutorial deleting the service books, taking out the battery, did the host router request, sent service books...no browser.

Anyone have their Tmobile browser running yet on this OS?

edit: I also modified the lbs file, removing att 102 designation - blackbery maps working great. Kind of odd - blackberry maps runs on a browser, yet still can't get a browser icon...
    Last edited by zipped; 07-02-2007 at 12:59 PM.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Found another thread (give props to wassona) all we have to do is go back to your os folder, go into the java folder, delete net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod. Did this, connected the curve to the desktop manager. Desktop manager did not automatically detect the change, so just clicked application loader, it then went into action, noted the changes and proceeded to install. My curve reset, all is great. *does a quick Irish jig*
    Would you please link to this thread here? I'm going to attempt this later this week and it would be helpful to all to have all the information here in this thread.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Sorry guys I was sleeping

I'm actually pretty new to deleting cod files and unlocking themes. But logic tells me that cizake's files messed u up bc those were from a diff OS?

I have my edited alx file and will share by email if u would like it. The ptt cod file has to be deleted from the java folder. I remove bb maps (lbs- location based services) thru DM.

Try registering the hanheld to see if the browser comes back.

Options/advanced options/host routing table
    Then click menu and choose register now

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Directions on how to unlock all hidden vendor themes:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

Here you go jetsetter - very easy though, just delete the file mentioned in the java folder of the new os folder.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...highlight=java

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

This OS didn't really work out well with my Tmobile Curve, I couldn't get the browser to appear and I was gettin App Error 200 because of the Edited blackberry axl (unlocked all themes) and platform (to remove PTT)

So now I'm back with o2, it's not that stable but at least I got my browser.

Hey there Cherri -- sleep is good...
    No browser though I found a thread that noted what the correct service books are:
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...missing-2.html

see the post from jaronbrass. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the BIBS sevice book which is necessary to load the browser icon...
    Is this one of the books you see in your sevice book?

Geesh, was thinking maybe we should consolidate all these little facts into an easy to read guide. Seems all these 8300 tips are on the forums somewhere, lol.

One more very intersting item. If you hit switch application, the browser icon is there. Click it and it notifies you the service book entry is not there to use the browser...need to get it from your provider. I hit okay, then the broswser is sitting there, lovingly waiting to be used. Of course I hit go to, then entered pinstack.com and of course, the initial note mentioning the service book must be received from your provider pops up. Bummer....

Okay, at least I know the browser is there, lying in wait..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast