Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I'm loading it as we speak. Hoping it'll resolve my browser issue: only have t-zone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chaos9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Latest 8320 OS: 4.2.2.175 Hong Kong CSL

Advertisement

I'm loading it as we speak. Hoping it'll resolve my browser issue: only have t-zone and wifi browsers available. The speed increase everyone has mentioned will make it worthwhile anyway
    PIN: 21045122

Bobboya no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone know whether either PocketMac or MissingSync will enable installing the a new RIM OS? I find it frustrating that there is no ready way for Mac owners to install upgrades.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobboya
    Does anyone know whether either PocketMac or MissingSync will enable installing the a new RIM OS? I find it frustrating that there is no ready way for Mac owners to install upgrades.
    PocketMac won't do it. You need the windows-based Desktop Manager/Application Loader to install the new OS to the device.

I'm not entirely sure about this: but you may consider trying the internet based Desktop Manager that RIM recently released.

Bobboya no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy
    PocketMac won't do it. You need the windows-based Desktop Manager/Application Loader to install the new OS to the device.

I'm not entirely sure about this: but you may consider trying the internet based Desktop Manager that RIM recently released.
    I just checked out the Web Desktop Manager. It doesn't look as if it will accommodate Macs. It appears to require Enterprise Server, and a other PC-based software. You can read about it on the Blackberry website. Just run google search on "web desktop manager" (apparently I am not allowed to post the link).

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Installed today Works great, seems to be much faster. I have not found a down side to this yet.

kie22 no está en línea Stack level 1

now installed although it did take a looonnnnnngggggg time i thought it had crashed at one point! and i have stuffed my phone but it got there in then end! oh and the download was mega slow i thought i was on dial up or something!

AmtrakConductor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Well, I installed it and all went well. One weird thing, the EDGE connection doesn't always want to go from edge to EDGE, I have to tun the radio on and off a couple of times, also, uma connects and works (I've checked in the WiFi diagnostics), but when it connects it shows a UMA then immediately goes to a uma, it won't go to a UMA. I checked, the proper certificates are in place, and the UMA connection is up and running according to the WiFi diagnostics, so do I need to worry about not getting a UMA?

Edit-I've tried deleting and reconnecting to my WiFi network, but I still can only get a uma, but like I said uma calls are working Could it take a while for UMA to show up again because of this upgrade?
    Last edited by AmtrakConductor; 10-15-2007 at 08:25 AM.

AmtrakConductor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Update-I did a battery pull, and when it came back up I had a UMA, looks like it fixed whatever was wrong!

All is good except after upgrading to this OS I am back to having the problem with uploading 3rd party apps. via dm.

Any suggestions

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle
    All is good except after upgrading to this OS I am back to having the problem with uploading 3rd party apps. via dm.

Any suggestions
    are you getting any error message?

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    are you getting any error message?
    yes, however I dont remember exactly what it said, and I am away from that pc right now. It said something about there be no new software, or something along those lines.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Oh ok... well it's already in your desktop manager, scroll on that list and you should see the software you are trying to install. Put a check mark next to it to install it on your device and your all set.

BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I Updated The Os Last Night. Everything Is Working Great Except Bbweather Locks Up Everytime I Try To Start It. I Have To Do A Battery Pull To Get Out Of The App. Anyone Else Have Any Weird App Problems?

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by BBNUT#1
    I Updated The Os Last Night. Everything Is Working Great Except Bbweather Locks Up Everytime I Try To Start It. I Have To Do A Battery Pull To Get Out Of The App. Anyone Else Have Any Weird App Problems?
    Is it working now after the battery pull? try re-installing it.

BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Is it working now after the battery pull? try re-installing it.
    STILL NOTHING. I DELETED THE APP THEN DOWNLOADED IT AGAIN.......AND NOTHING.

UPDATE: After about 8 installs and uninstalls, the 9th time was the trick. It works now don't know why.....
    Last edited by BBNUT#1; 10-16-2007 at 11:11 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast