Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by mcookyconsp it does run faster. and voice quality is better. I agree... BlackBerry Curve forum

fresh801 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22F92F17

Re: Latest 8300 OS: Singapore Telecom 4.2.2.314 / 4.2.2.173

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mcookyconsp
    it does run faster. and voice quality is better.
    I agree

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Hmmm wonder why some of you didn't have third party apps after the upgrade. I would re-download the desktop manager. It's supposed to back up the phone before it upgrades.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Read my post above.

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

Viigo works, but I'm having an issue when I try the option "open in browser" Viigo shuts down (saving please wait) and takes me to the home screen. The Blackberry Browser never opens. Is anyone else having this issue? I believe this was working before I upgraded my OS.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ytsejam1138
    Viigo works, but I'm having an issue when I try the option "open in browser" Viigo shuts down (saving please wait) and takes me to the home screen. The Blackberry Browser never opens. Is anyone else having this issue? I believe this was working before I upgraded my OS.
    I'm seeing the exact same thing. As I recall, I never got "open in browser" to work before this - but the shutdown behavior (with the "saving" message) seems new. "Get Link" seems to work now, and I don't recall that working before.

After the upgrade some apps (J2MEMap, JabpFile, etc.) ask me they will use the connection/store every time I load. This was asked once with the old release. Some setting?

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato
    After the upgrade some apps (J2MEMap, JabpFile, etc.) ask me they will use the connection/store every time I load. This was asked once with the old release. Some setting?
    Sounds like application permissions. You can set this when you first install an application, or when you run it. In general, the settings for an application that is requesting a data connection are:
    - Always allow the app to contact the one destination is it currently requesting
    - Always allow the app to contact any destination
    - Prompt (sounds like what you're seeing)
    - Deny the connection

You can go into Options / Advanced / Applications. After the list populates, highlight an application, press the menu button and look at permissions to make changes.

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    I'm seeing the exact same thing. As I recall, I never got "open in browser" to work before this - but the shutdown behavior (with the "saving" message) seems new. "Get Link" seems to work now, and I don't recall that working before.
    Thanks for the response. I actually wiped my device and reloaded everything, but still the same issues with Viigo. Must be something incompatible with the new firmware and the current version of Viigo. Still a great app and I can live without the "Open in Browser" feature for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ytsejam1138
    Thanks for the response. I actually wiped my device and reloaded everything, but still the same issues with Viigo. Must be something incompatible with the new firmware and the current version of Viigo. Still a great app and I can live without the "Open in Browser" feature for now.
    I wonder if it's actually a new build of Viigo. I'm finding this release of the OS to be noticeably faster and more stable than any of the others I've used. Two issues in particular have been noticeable improvements in the OS:

1) Faster transitions from Today screen to Icon view, faster response in general. Snappier performance.

2) The icon folders that I create no longer disappear - they work as intended now! I can finally use this feature without having the folders -- and the icons I put inside them -- becoming invisible after a couple of hours. Now - if RIM would only let us select our own icon to use for the folders!

But re: Viigo - I would search out Pete or Jesse here and see if you can get a response from them on this issue. Even without it working, I agree with you - I still love the app, and can live without "open in browser" for the moment until they get it working.

Sounds like application permissions. You can set this when you first install an application, or when you run it. In general, the settings for an application that is requesting a data connection are:
    - Always allow the app to contact the one destination is it currently requesting
    - Always allow the app to contact any destination
    - Prompt (sounds like what you're seeing)
    - Deny the connection

You can go into Options / Advanced / Applications. After the list populates, highlight an application, press the menu button and look at permissions to make changes.
    Already did that but nothing changed. I set it to allow but it seems it isn't working.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Just upgraded today, all went smooth as silk
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

treonaut no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The new OS is fine, but don't install it if you use other languages than english. When another language than English is selected you can't enter anymore Options - About to show the firmware version. You will get a java error and this menu is not available anymore.

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

But re: Viigo - I would search out Pete or Jesse here and see if you can get a response from them on this issue. Even without it working, I agree with you - I still love the app, and can live without "open in browser" for the moment until they get it working.
    Hi there,

We're currently investigating this issue.

We'll post further information as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience all.

Pete

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

I guess I have another issue with mine since I upgraded, but its a big one. I'm assuming I messed up the instal since no one has pointed it out. But anyway, I an having an issue when trying to select a name from the address book or call screen. For example when I try to call someone I press the send buttom which brings up the phone and then start typing in their name and it comes up. However now if I type in SARAH, for example, I can type the s and a in and then when I press the h it says no entries, but when I press the S and A, I see her just fine. All names with t don't even show up. But they are in the address book. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Why would u press s - a - h for sarah? I'm confused.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast