Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

New themes? What's different? Speed? Memory leaks? Calender issues still fixed, or are they now ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Latest 8300 OS: Singapore Telecom 4.2.2.314 / 4.2.2.173

Advertisement

New themes? What's different? Speed? Memory leaks? Calender issues still fixed, or are they now starting to mess up again???

Can't wait to get home and do this!!!

Any with vista know the work around to unlocking the vendor themes and being able to save the changes? My comps down, so I have to ise hubbys. He has vista and after altering the themes, I can't save the alx file.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    New themes? What's different? Speed? Memory leaks? Calender issues still fixed, or are they now starting to mess up again???

Any with vista know the work around to unlocking the vendor themes and being able to save the changes? My comps down, so I have to ise hubbys. He has vista and after altering the themes, I can't save the alx file.

I have vista, and can redo the .alx file. PM if you need help. Should be able to save on Vista.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by hockey
    got it working after reinstall .Thanks for help vinmontrd
    happy to be of assistance!

I believe I'm seeing at least one improvement in this new build...

I've been using BB Dimension Today theme - I try others, but keep coming back to that one, although I *do* change background pretty frequently. Anyway - one downside I had found to the Today them is that switching to the icon view (either rolling down and select "applications" or pressing the menu button from the home screen) used to entail a noticeable (and slightly irritating) delay before the icon view would pop up. That no longer happens. Now, when I'm on the home screen and press the menu button, it pops instantly to the icon view. I've tried this out about 50 times since waking up this morning - and it's consistent - and consistently faster than the prior versions were.

In general, the whole thing feels a bit snappier (now this could be my imagination!).

Aside from this, Viigo is screwed up. I'm sure I'll resolve this eventually, but it's nice when loaded apps survive an OS upgrade (huh! just try THAT with Windows!)

So far, so good with the new OS.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

VinmontRD,

I haven't tried this OS yet, but I also have the folder issue you mentioned. Most of the time , when I select a theme that has a desktop folder I've created, the contents of that folder does not show up!? For me to get the contents to show up, I have to reset the device which is usually a battery pull...once it boots up, everything is back to normal. Try that instead of resetting theme defaults. ;-)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

bb.alx hosted here

just click the link, save and browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.173_P2.4.0.76
    then click save and you should be prompted to save over a file that already exists. (does vista not allow you to do this? im not sure, bc i don't have it)

Quote Originally Posted by dts51
    VinmontRD,

I haven't tried this OS yet, but I also have the folder issue you mentioned. Most of the time , when I select a theme that has a desktop folder I've created, the contents of that folder does not show up!? For me to get the contents to show up, I have to reset the device which is usually a battery pull...once it boots up, everything is back to normal. Try that instead of resetting theme defaults. ;-)
    The folder issue is weird - at least WAS weird. Don't know yet if I still have it. When I would create a folder all would look fine. I would even do a couple with non-default colors (wee!). Then I would drag icons in them, rearrange everything, and all would be perfect. Sometime over the next hour or two (unpredictable), the folders (and of course the icons inside) would become invisible.

Odd! Nothing lost, since - as we noted above - they can be "fixed". But this is strange and inconvenient. I'll try it again with the next OS and see what happens.

jc_viteri no está en línea Stack level 2

I just finished installing this new OS, everything seems the same, my BB is just happy to be closer to the 4.3!

Quote Originally Posted by jc_viteri
    ...my BB is just happy to be closer to the 4.3!
    That was my feeling too!

eileenjoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240633A7

It's almost done, or maybe 30 more minutes. I'm updating while watching Gossip Girl and doing Laundry. Daymn work is getting in the way of updating Curvy!!!

eileenjoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240633A7

Okay, my camera disappeared. Did anyone else have this problem? Can I recover it without having to re-do the update?

**edit: nevermind I figured it out...I over edited...durrrrr.
    Last edited by eileenjoy; 09-27-2007 at 02:42 AM.

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    Reminder for those with 8310's an 20's .. don't load this.
    I have an 8320 [T-Mobile]. Why shouldn't I try loading the new OS'?
    --
    Walt

PIN/ID

Yay!!! Thanks Cherri. I just got out of class. I will start the download, and see if it will let me save over tomorrow!!! Yay!!!

Do we have any screen shots of anything yet?

Pacific---because a) there just came a new OS for the 8320 and b) your hardware isn't supported with this OS....it's missing the GPS information.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID

ok, I'm downloading!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Definitely finding the GUI response faster. Going from Today screen to icon view just about instant now, and there was always a lag with the prior OS version.

Also - don't know if this is different at all, but under the call log item on the Today screen (BB Dimension Today theme), I saw LOTS of info about a missed call, and I don't recall seeing that much before. Not sure if this is different, or I just finally woke up and noticed...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast