Hello everyone, I have done countless hours of research on this issue (ie; google, AT&T ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ir_dizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

For the last time... is MMS possible on unlocked Curve (At&t blue)

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I have done countless hours of research on this issue (ie; google, AT&T customer service, various blackberry forums, etc.) and am wondering if anyone can put my hopes to rest of having MMS capabilities on an unlocked 8310 (I am an AT&T "blue" customer).

I have all the service books I need except for the 2 MMS service books needed to send an MMS message. I have a data plan, can use the blackberry browser... everything works EXCEPT for MMS.

I am using OS 4.5.0.18.

If anyone can please help me/ comment on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you... and yes, I have already searched this forum and didn't see an answer.
    Last edited by ir_dizzle; 05-18-2008 at 07:56 PM.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    1- what is a "blue" customer?
    2- have you logged into your BIS account online and sent the service books you need?
    3- have you called att?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Itsnowornever,

"Blue" is the old-school AT&T service (pre-Cingular).

Yes, I logged into my BIS account and resent my service books to no avail.

I called AT&T, but they can't fix it - various answers included: I need to upgrade my service to the "new" AT&T... blah,blah,blah...

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    So...what's the problem with upgrading???

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have good rates w/ the AT&T "blue" plan.

I did research and if I was to get an equivalent level of service with "today's" At&T, it would cost more than what I pay now. I have heard there is a way to get MMS on AT&T blue and I wanted to see if anyone could share their knowledge/ comments on this issue.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Plug in your BB and open up Desktop Manager. Go into applicaton loader and make sure the "Attatchment" option is checked.. I forget what it's called exactly.

SSNXP,

Thanks for the reply. I did what you told me to do, but the "Attachment" option was already checked off - any other ideas?

PIN/ID
    I am pretty sure that there isn't a work around for something that you have to pay for. Stinks, but that's how it works

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    ir_dizzle,

There are two choices:

1) Pay for the service like the rest of us.

2) Live without it, there is no free ride.

As a long time AT&T customer. I have received good service from AT&T. They are the best, the juggernaut that was granted the exclusive rights to the Bold for a reason. They are the only carrier with the network to allow RIM to showcase everything the new Bold is capable of.

Going forward any of the other carriers that want to sell the Bold will have to bring their networks up to the standard set by RIM. The only other possibility would be for RIM to overlook their old tech networks, ship Bold's to them, who in turn would then activate & sell Bold's in a crippled state.

This has been Verizons business model for years. Take any particular brand & model, strip away some features & sell it to the unsuspecting customer. That's why you notice Verizon users that are tech savvy complain about the features that they know that certain phone came with before it was added into Verizons inventory.

Now just to prove that I'm being factual & neutral in reporting, here is a corresponding case involving AT&T.

I purchased an unlocked Nokia E60 direct from Hong Kong since it was not offered in the US. I proceeded to use it on my AT&T account & all was good. Next Nokia brings out the E61 a model from the E6x family, but with Wi-Fi (2yrs ago) & full qwerty. Unlocked it and used it on AT&T just fine. The first Wi-Fi phone I,ve had. Well, this phone got so much attention world wide that AT&T said they were going to offer it. Now here is the GOOD part....AT&T influenced Nokia to build a special version just for them! A few months later AT&T trumpeted the "New E62". Guess what? It was a carbon copy of the E61, with one component missing... Yes.. You guessed it NO wi-fi.

Why? Because historically AT&T has been anti wi-fi. They held out until public pressure was so great that they had to cave in & offer it.

So there you have it. AT&T can be just as bad as the rest. After all the bottom line that every carrier agrees on: extract the most money from every customer.

Cheers!
    (wap.pinstack.com)~