Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ok people let's keep in mind that if u do any thing to ur bb ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bmbamala no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Ok people let's keep in mind that if u do any thing to ur bb such as engraving, u could possibly void the warranty on the device. The curve is a great product but however there are some flaws with the device where the warranty comes in handy. So if u decide to go with the engraving, wait until about a year when. U know the warranty has expired. Sorry to put a dampered on everybodys mood about getting their phone engrave, but I just had to keep it real!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ actually, the great thing about etchstar is that it laser engraves whatever you want on the battery door. Meaning, that if there was ever a need to return the curve for a warrenty problem, you could easily buy another 5 dollar original blackberry manufactured door and send it back. There are no engravings or personalization on any other part of the phone. This is not like colorware or the like where the work is irreversible.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    OK, lets see if I can host this picture on pinstack. I hope this works...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by jaesternbach; 06-01-2008 at 09:18 PM.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Ah! now it works. Ok, so here is my device etched. What do you all think? I personally think the black on the gold just makes the skulls truly POP!
    Last edited by jaesternbach; 06-01-2008 at 09:19 PM.

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D
    wow very nice!

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks! I am loving it muchi

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3
    looks great very unique!!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~man that is tight man how long would I be with out my phone and price range plz

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well dr.doom 23, if your in los angeles it takes no more than half an hour! If you are outside of cali. Then it will take longer because you will need to send in the item being customized and then wait for it to be sent back. However, this is the best part, if you were thinking about doing your curve then you would just need to send in the battery door, nothing else!

You can always check out etchstar.com or call them to get your questions answered. They do great work!

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    wow those skulls look tight man!
    If your interested in this kind of service and you live in CANADA check out
    www.hitechtattoos.com they do good work and Iam going to be getting a Wu on my backplate soon

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks Wu! I love the skulls and the scarf they originated from as well

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    I donno if you mentioned, but if you dont mind me asking how much did that cost? was it considered custom work?

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ah! Thanks for the reminder Wu! I completely spaced about giving the price. Well, from what I could tell, etchstar will laser almost anything (ipods, bbs, laptops, etc...) and they have set a flat rate price for each of the customizable options. A blackberry was 70 bucks.

Etchstar did mention that if your design is highly intricate in detail then they would work with you on a higher price tag. However, for what I had done, it was the flat rate of 70.

I don't think it was too much to pay especially since it doesn't actually void a warrenty since you can always get another battery door.

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Looks great man. Ill check out there website on my pc tomorrow. I think I'm going to get my 8703e done with something.

PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sounds good bigmatt. Just don't forget to post your finished product hear, if you do decide to get it done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast