so I am on my third blackberry because my luck is incredible. keyboard stopped working, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xheadguitar7x no está en línea Stack level 1

Question lag problems

Advertisement

so I am on my third blackberry because my luck is incredible. keyboard stopped working, the refurb they sent had a broken camera and connection issues, and so they finally gave me a new one. Problem is, this one sucks. to be fair, i dont know if its a phone or the new OS. it had 4.5 when i got it and runs like ***.

it takes a good 10 seconds to open the camera, view pictures, or play music. also, when i get a phone call it rings once more after i pick up the phone, which is super annoying.

long story short, is 4.5 known for being especially slow or is it the phone?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have 4.5 on my 8330, 4.5.0.89, have also used 4.5.0.77 and 4.5.0.97 never had the media lag or extra ring like you mentioned.

The main issues I have had with 4.5 is that when I answer calls the sound comes out of the speaker phone for a second or 2 before switching to the regular speaker. It's like it takes a second or 2 to switch from ringing through speaker phone to listening to caller through the ear piece. Other than that some email attachment issues, specifically not being able to open voicenote attachments.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I forgot to mention when I plug it in to the computer desktop manager goes dark, like i already have manage media open or something. so whenever i have to access something i have to plug it in and hit what i want really quickly before it stops working

by ring i meant vibrate. it keeps vibrating when i pick it up.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would first say try clearing all internet cache and cleaning up the memory. Also clear logs by holding alt key and typing in lglg from your homescreen then hit menu and select clear log. As far as the extra ring that just sounds like a glitch in the OS. If all of this doesn't help I would suggest a fresh install of 4.5. It is a very good OS and I have never had issues of it being slow.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I would first say try clearing all internet cache and cleaning up the memory. Also clear logs by holding alt key and typing in lglg from your homescreen then hit menu and select clear log. As far as the extra ring that just sounds like a glitch in the OS. If all of this doesn't help I would suggest a fresh install of 4.5. It is a very good OS and I have never had issues of it being slow.
    I cleared all of that. I wouldnt think memory would be an issue because i have an 8gig card and next to nothing on it.

i guess i will try to reinstall

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When it comes to memory even with a memory card emails,sms,MMS, cache, apps and logs all still use device memory. If you are going to reinstall I would suggest wiping the device with jl_cmndr and then reinstalling. You can go here for all the current operating systems and links to how to and jl_ if you are unsure.

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a number of clients who have this issue on occasion.

Also if you don't close down applications (actually click on the BB button and select close or exit) you are just switching between applications and they stay in memory. This can cause lag if you have quite a few running.
    Try the following
    Clear the LOG as moderncowboy mentions.
    Check the current apps open (ALT [Back button]).
    Go into each and close or exit through the menu.
    Go to options -> Security -> Memory Cleaning -> Clean Now
    ALT lglg -> Clear LOG
    Pop the battery for at least 30 seconds.
    Once it resets, on main screen hold ALT and type: eace
    This gives you a screen called Help Me!
    Check your File Free
    If low, try removing some apps, data etc. (ie. copy pics to a Card)
    See how the lag is after doing that.
    If still Lagging, then do a backup and wipre the device and then reinstall the latest OS from your provider.
    Good luck!

thanks a lot threekings. that fixed it right up.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the assist Threekings. I should have gone deeper into the memory cleaning issue.

Thank you too, moderncowboy
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad to help!