Hi guys, I need help!!! My boss just bought a 8310 and he wants it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jc_viteri no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Korean on 8310?

Advertisement

Hi guys, I need help!!!

My boss just bought a 8310 and he wants it to have Korean (to be able to read and write). I was looking at the multilanguage packages but did not find Korean in there. I´m gessing I should look for a East Asia langauge pack OS, is this correct?

Have any of you done this? Does the chinese version come with Korean also? Can you point me to the correct OS upgrade so I can acomplish this task?

btw, I do not speak Korean nor read it.

Thanks!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Korean on 8310?

The closest thing I have seen is this http://www.docomo-usa.com/news/news_bn7.html But this also states that the programing to the software has to be on an Enterprise server. Nothing I have seen would make it self contained in the BB itself.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

AFAIK, no OS can let you input Korean. However, most of Asian versions of 8310 support CJK reading and most of them support input Chinese. Here is the latest one that I can find:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4B931C35A169B0

jc_viteri no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for your help guys, will download the OS and see if it works for my boss.

racerxjin no está en línea Stack level 1

Korean on blackberry

you can read korean on 8310 by installing the desktop manager with korean on it.
    writing in korean is not yet possible since they do not have the input function in the 8310 software update. It was possible on the 8300 but not 8310. Go figure.