Does anyone know how and when the BB decides to turn the backlight on the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

suertetres no está en línea Stack level 1

keypad light?

Advertisement

Does anyone know how and when the BB decides to turn the backlight on the keypad? Is it based on the surrounding light or time of day? I have the 8310 on AT&T with the new upgrade to 4.5. My setting is not to auto dim the backlight, but it seems my keyboard doesn't always light up- so is it the time of day or ambient light? or am i just cazy!!

kaitlybmsc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with you. My Blackberry 8310 does the exact same thing.. I never really thought into it though?.

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Mine lights up when ever it deems I'm in a dim lighted place. It does it on it's own.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

suertetres no está en línea Stack level 1
    hmmm, is there a way to change it? maybe i'm just being nit-picky, but in my truck at dusk even though its only 5:15, its pretty dark!!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    My understanding is that it's based on the light sensor. If it's dark enough, then it turns on. The reason why it can look weird is depending how you hold it, you may cover the light sensor and fool it into thinking it's dark -- then the light kicks in.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade