Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i have google talk installed on my phone, thats what pops up when i press ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yamiR6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on 8300

Advertisement

i have google talk installed on my phone, thats what pops up when i press g

im gonna guess the first app that starts with g

Three-Star Dave no está en línea Stack level 1

Hmmm. I have the Dial From Home Screen set to No, but when I hold down any particular letter key, the Curve offers to make it a speed dial, rather than calling up an application. ??

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Three-Star Dave
    Hmmm. I have the Dial From Home Screen set to No, but when I hold down any particular letter key, the Curve offers to make it a speed dial, rather than calling up an application. ??
    Short press works as shortcuts and long press activates speed dial

Three-Star Dave no está en línea Stack level 1

Aha! Yes, that's ... an interesting interface. :-P

Now if I could get the Profile to display the selected profile in the Home Screen so that I can realize when I've turned the phone to Quiet, all would be well. :-)

Thanks.

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Three-Star Dave
    Aha! Yes, that's ... an interesting interface. :-P

Now if I could get the Profile to display the selected profile in the Home Screen so that I can realize when I've turned the phone to Quiet, all would be well. :-)

Thanks.
    some themes have a little speaker icon on the home page that you can scroll to and click on to access your profiles. i discovered this accidentally otherwise i wouldn't have ever realized it was a functional icon.

i'm using the t-mobile zen theme and the icon is on the top right of the home screen.

ckitchens no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts other than the default settings? This is my first BB and I've had it two days. Still reading and learning...

kingrt22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks this helped me out!!

recipe0 no está en línea Stack level 1

This thread is a goshdarned revelation. I've owned a Curve for a week, and it's my first BB. Prior to this thread, I thought I was going to have to back to Treo. Now, I see how Blackberry could be better, other than for its much sleeker look and feel.

Is there any way to customize these shortcut keys? I really want a shortcut to my speed dial list.

The other thing I really want is for my phone to ring and vibrate all at once. Does the Curve do that?

recipe0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh, and on Treo, you could set your home address as a business card, and them "beam" it to people. Is there a way to do this on the Blackberry?

skatecrazy no está en línea Stack level 1

i have to say-the curve was my first "smart phone", and originally i was going to get a blackjack, but my guy at the att store told me to spend the money and get the curve, because a) it's a blackberry and blackberry os is WAY more stable than windows (anyone that owns a PC knows that any other OS is more stable than windows-"blue screen of death" anyone?), and b) it's new. I learn something new EVERYDAY with this thing, like this whole thread. nice to know that there are options. thanks for all the info. i am thoroughly enjoying my new "crackberry" (as my friends lovingly refer to my curve), and i don't know if i will ever go back to a regular cell phone.

AND THANKS TO ALL THOSE SHARING INFO!!!!! it makes newbies like me know that there is help out there!

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Are the shortcuts customizable? I would like to assign a couple of shortcuts for my mailboxes. Also, g doesn't pull up gmail for me (no googletalk here).

thanks...this thread is very very helpful. now dont have to scroll thru the applications to start something i want. also, what is a shortcut to close an application. takes too long and too much of a hassle to click options, scroll all the way down and select close. ( i know i can click on the red call end button, but there was something i read abt leaving too many applications unclosed in the background causes some memory issues)
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 08-09-2007 at 12:38 PM.

jendel1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YES!!! the quick keylock was DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY BONKERS...now I know how to use it thanks so much!!!!

yoshiod9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2412ee3b

nice thread! i just associated the old ptt button with the keyboard lock. now, i have shortcuts for everything!

fo0tprintz no está en línea Stack level 1

As far as I know, there's no way to customize shorcuts. That would be really nice!

Recipe0 - you can't beam your vcard, but you can send it as attachment via email. When you're in the address book view - hit Options-Send As Attachment. Not as convenient as, say bluetooth, but workable.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stornabene no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all-
    So I am a recently new owner of the BB 8320. I have figured out the 'dial from homescreen' option and i keep it off in order to use my shortcuts. However, how can I dial a number outright, for instance if its not in my address book, without the shortcut coming up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast