I am a big fan of keyboard shortcuts for my default programs like browser, calendar, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

keyboard shortcuts issue with new installations

Advertisement

I am a big fan of keyboard shortcuts for my default programs like browser, calendar, alarm, etc. However, when I installed bloomberg news program (and I like it too) I lost my browser shortcut "b" to that program. Now I can't open my browser with "b". So I started using "w" for the medianet browser. Thank god that all my bookmarks open up with medianet too. Now, thanks to pinstack and bellshare, I just installed berryweather. Now I lost "w" to berryweather. So everytime I need the browser, I have to actually find the icon or do the alt+escape. I miss my shortcut.

So how do I get back my shortcuts? Anyway to do this? I looked in options for the programs and my bb, but cudn't find the setting anywhere. Please help get my shortcut back. Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    You can try going to options>screen keyboard and setting convenience keys there that's the only thing I got right now. Hope it helps

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Isn't any way I know of to reassign shortcut keys without a 3rd party program.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm....thanks for your replies. the convenience keys is probably the only way right now...but is there anyway from restricting the third party apps (like bloomberg and berryweather) from assigning themselves to a particular key?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Not that I've ever seen.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try messing with some of the permissions for those apps, not sure which ones would control that or how it would effect the app's performance, but if you don't want to use something 3rd party then you may need to do some experimenting.

You can also try contacting the app developers to see if editing any permissions or settings will change this for you.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4