IT group set my 8130 curve to require password to unlock keyboard. Very annoying. Is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hellotom no está en línea Stack level 1

keyboard lock password required BES client

Advertisement

IT group set my 8130 curve to require password to unlock keyboard. Very annoying. Is there a way to over ride password setting on a BB that runs on a BES network?

some IT policies are so annoying

thx in advance

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B
    unfortunately there is no way to override that. i totally agree with you that its annoying. best thing would be to try and coerce your bes admin into changing the policy. unfortunately most bes admins wont budge. good luck though!

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmm

No they are part of the policy at some companies. I know it is annoying however sometimes people get some really private emails that you may not want anyone else to see. My previous company had this policy and we could not remove it. If we did which i knew I could we were violating company privacy policy. Sorry

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You will appreciate having that password on your device the day you lay it down and go back to get it and it's gone. This little annoying password is a life-saver and something most companies will not budge on because of the sensitive nature of all data now and how easily it is taken outside office walls now with the Blackberry.

I'm our BES admin and I will not remove the password policy even though people gripe & gripe. It has already saved one employee within our company when his BB was stolen.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE