Another question for those of you running 4.5.... The keyboard lock previously was alt + ... BlackBerry Curve forum

justjpo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31612F1C

keyboard lock 4.5

Advertisement

Another question for those of you running 4.5.... The keyboard lock previously was alt + enter.... Now alt + enter brings up a language menu... Any input for a quick keyboard lock? Thanks Stackers!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I use one of my convenience keys for this, but I'm sure there's also a keyboard shortcut, if someone knows it.

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by justjpo View Post
    Another question for those of you running 4.5.... The keyboard lock previously was alt + enter.... Now alt + enter brings up a language menu... Any input for a quick keyboard lock? Thanks Stackers!!!

i just press and hold the */SYM button for a couple seconds and that locks my keyboard....
    Last edited by azstar; 11-21-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: format edit
    ...Your Attitude is going to determine your Altitude....

"So Blessed"

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if you have dialing from homescreen disabled and you have a qwerty keyboard you can just hit "k"
    and your screen will lock
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

justjpo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31612F1C
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    if you have dialing from homescreen disabled and you have a qwerty keyboard you can just hit "k"
    and your screen will lock
    I did see in another thread that was an option, I do dial from the homescreen often.... Just looking for a possible other option.

Thanks for the reply!

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by justjpo View Post
    I did see in another thread that was an option, I do dial from the homescreen often.... Just looking for a possible other option.

Thanks for the reply!
    I surfed for an answer to this and am still perplexed. I downloaded auto lock so that locks my keyboard automatically. However once in a while autolock interferes with another program and stops itself from running.

If anyone has a combo keypress answer like the alt-enter, let me know.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I think that if you have dialing from homescreen enabled you can just hold down star and it will lock.

I think?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

dzyuba no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this same problem. I figured out Alt+Enter works from the Apps Screen but not from the home screen. When I press Alt-Enter from my home screen it opens whatever icon was highlighted (messages, address book, etc).