Is there a trick to get the keyboard light to turn back on once its ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Keyboard lighting

Advertisement

Is there a trick to get the keyboard light to turn back on once its gone out? Typing in the dark sucks.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    In options>screen/keyboard>set your backlight time longer but when your typing the backlight should just shut off

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Turn on Auto Dimming.

I found that to be a problem as well but when i turned on the Auto Dim feature it recognizes when it is dark and keeps the keyboard light on when you are using it. It does however dim the screen slightly, but its not really an issue at night.

options>screen/keyboard> Automatically Dim Backlight >On

olikoli no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just cover your LED on top of the screen (right from your earpiece) with your finger for few seconds and your lights should turn on. That LED also has a sensor that senses amount of the light. If you cover it up, it will think that it is dark and will turn on your keyboard and screen.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Again, i am pretty sure that feature is only enabled when you have Auto Dimming enabled. Before i turned that on the light sensor made no difference to the keyboard/backlight.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by olikoli View Post
    Just cover your LED on top of the screen (right from your earpiece) with your finger for few seconds and your lights should turn on. That LED also has a sensor that senses amount of the light. If you cover it up, it will think that it is dark and will turn on your keyboard and screen.
    Cool trick!!! Never knew that!

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    i ha a question similar like about messages when i get messages the screen doesnt come on is there a way to fix that

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E

LED Sensor works great

Quote Originally Posted by olikoli View Post
    This works quite well in all the dimming functions I have tried. I finally set mine to a 30 brightness and backlight to 20 sec. If no keyboard light I cover the led. My problem is wasting battery because when I hold the BB I tend to cover the LED. Disturbed me that the light on the keyboard and screen was so variable until I was told about the sensor.