I can't seem to figure out how to get the keyboard to illuminate whenever I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Keyboard Illumination

Advertisement

I can't seem to figure out how to get the keyboard to illuminate whenever I need it to. Can anyone help with that? How are you suppose to see what you're typing in the dark??
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 09-13-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: format content

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    thats weird my keyboard turn on when it in the dark and when it in the light it on for a bit and then goes away. i dont know maybe it just me or i think the phone has a sensor thats picks up light

speedking89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    so does your keyboard not illuminate at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rigo88 View Post
    thats weird my keyboard turn on when it in the dark and when it in the light it on for a bit and then goes away. i dont know maybe it just me or i think the phone has a sensor thats picks up light
    yeah mines the same. im thinkin it might be linked to the backlight timer. but im also kinda fresh to
    bb.

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Use your right thumb, cover around the LED and the keyboard will light up. The sensor is just below the LED.

Quote Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
    Use your right thumb, cover around the LED and the keyboard will light up. The sensor is just below the LED.
    is the sensor located behind the black part of the screen or behind the led?

Behind the black part just below the led.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Options / screen/keyboard / backlight timeout (set to 2 min.) / automatically dim backlight (set to off) / press menu button, select save, then exit out to start screen.
    Now whenever you want to light up the keyboard & back light (yes they always come on together) simply press the space bar. That will turn on the light & it will stay on for 2 minutes. If you are reading something without touching the keyboard, the light will go out after the 2min period. Then you simply press the space bar to turn the light on.

sent via BlackBerry

(wap.pinstack.com)~

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    2 minutes is a drain on the battery. I have mine set for 30 seconds. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    2 minutes is a drain on the battery. ~
    -
    That's why one has choices. However that said, I use my BlackBerry for approx 80 to 100 emails per day, as well as my calendar, tasks, notes, all phone calls, web activity, and other work. Obviously when one is using their BlackBerry the light is on, so its no problem. I'm using a Curve 8310 with my backlight set to 2 minutes & I have plenty of battery life. After all that's what BlackBerrys are known for.
    In my company the default setup I have set forth in the policies for the IT departments setup of new BlackBerrys is also 2 min. I have over 300 8800's in service presently & not a single employee has complained about battery life. So I say set it & forget it.....

sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    -
    That's why one has choices. However that said, I use my BlackBerry for approx 80 to 100 emails per day, as well as my calendar, tasks, notes, all phone calls, web activity, and other work. Obviously when one is using their BlackBerry the light is on, so its no problem. I'm using a Curve 8310 with my backlight set to 2 minutes & I have plenty of battery life. After all that's what BlackBerrys are known for.
    In my company the default setup I have set forth in the policies for the IT departments setup of new BlackBerrys is also 2 min. I have over 300 8800's in service presently & not a single employee has complained about battery life. So I say set it & forget it.....

sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...
    same here great batt life.also if you have it set to 2 min and use a holster,when you holster it it turns it off as soon as you holster it.

did i just say holster 3 times in 1 sentence?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Yeah, the battery is great, I just like to save wherever I can.

LOL @ catstide!

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Thanks everyone for all the great tips! That's really cool about the sensor. I had no idea... the salesman didn't bother to tell me much about the phone, other than how much I owe him... I don't remember the manual making mention of the sensor either. Thanks again everyone!

LOL, of course salesmen are good at taking your money but can't teach you a trick. Haha, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.