Does anyone know how I can change my 8520 with an AZERTY keyboard into a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SimonAlexander no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Keyboard - from AZERTY to QWERTY

Advertisement

Does anyone know how I can change my 8520 with an AZERTY keyboard into a QWERTY keyboard?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Go to Options, Screen/Keyboard, then Language and Text Input. You should see it under keyboard layout.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Your menus may not be in the same order as mine, but it should give you a general idea...

Question

I don't have those options available under "scree'n/keyboard". Plus I want the keyboard itself to say QWERTY as well.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If you're talking about a physical keyboard change, you'd need to order a new one from the likes of www.cnn.cn or www.dealsishop.com.

cnn.cn has video tutorials to help you with this sort of thing, but it's not something to play around with if you don't know what you're doing.

Question

Thanks. I just went to cnn.cn. Good to see where I can buy the hardware. Do you also know how I change the software? I don't have "text input" under screen/keyboard options. Do I need to get a software plug-in or something?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try going to Options (wrench icon)>Language. Nevermind...that didn't change the keyboard language unless you didn't delete the other languages like I did. I deleted everything but US and UK English.

What is the language setting on your device, Simon?

Question

I bought the device in France and French devices have AZERTY keyboards. When I started things up, it was all French that I saw but I changed the language and input language to English. I don't know how I to delete all other languages like you say you did, EricaJ. And RogerG, don't know what you mean by "language setting on my device" but hope to have answered with my explanation above. The device has an AZERTY keyboard (I want it to be QWERTY), was bought in France and I changed the language to English. But that doesn't change the "keyboard language".

Go to Options>Language and Text Input and change the Input Language.

To remove other languages, you will need your current OS on your PC/laptop, as well as the Desktop Manager. If you don't have them, you will find links to get both in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.

Once you've gotten both the OS and DM on your PC/laptop, launch DM and go to Application Loader>Add / Remove Applications. The OS will load up on the screen, then you can check/uncheck whatever languages, applications, etc that you want. Unchecking will remove these things from your device.

Thanks for the reply but I do not understand why this would help me. I have set the input language to English already a while ago. That did not change my keyboard language from AZERTY to QWERTY. Are you saying that by deleting all languages (except English), my keyboard software will change from AZERTY to QWERTY?

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you had just changed the language and not the input language. If you've already done that, then I'm not sure it's the software. Perhaps there is a whole keyboard mechanism that needs replacing in order to accomplish this. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

LinkBacks (?)