Last couple of months, my signal goes out completely. I'll have no bars and it'll ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mindy28 no está en línea Stack level 1

Keep totally losing signal

Advertisement

Last couple of months, my signal goes out completely. I'll have no bars and it'll say SOS. First only sporadically, now almost every day, sometimes more than once. I'm going to all the same places so it can't be my location. Very annoying because I don't know that people are trying to contact me and of course they think I'm avoiding them. Not cool. As soon as I reboot it's fine but it keeps happening. Any ideas? Thanks

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    I've had a similar problem with a VZW 8830. In my case, it's related to Verizon's EV-DO coverage. Sometimes when I leave an EV-DO area, the bars fluctuate and I get SOS alternating with 1X and 1x. It resolves if I turn the phone on and off (without a battery pull). When the phone turns back on, it settles down.
    I don't know how well that relates to your issue, but I hope it helps.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Have you done anything to the device lately? Upgraded the OS or changed any settings?

Have you tried calling your service provider and see if they have been doing any maintenance on the towers?

You know that you can just turn off the signal under the Manage Connections Icon, just turn off the mobile network and then back on. It should find your network if you have signal.

mindy28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I haven't upgraded but I have added some apps, don't know if that could make a difference? I'll try calling AT&T next, I always get better advice from stackers though :-)

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    This may be a little dumb, but it could very well be the cause of your problem.. Check to see if your sim card is properly in place. Make sure that it is not loose or anything... Moving a bit can cause you loosing signal. Good luck! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yeah I have a 8320 and i have the latest 4.5 os and my signal reception is so bad. it drives me crazy lol good thing I have UMA. Anyone with the same issue on a 4.5 os?

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    i have 4.5.0.69 and i have not seen this issue since .37
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_cajun View Post
    i have 4.5.0.69 and i have not seen this issue since .37
    Did you actually see an inprovement in reception, or did it just stop the losing signal issue? I have the 8320 so maybe it hasnt been fixed with 4.5.0.55

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive been using 4.5.0.52...and I would say compared to prior betas...its been the best in terms of coverage (not necessarily more bars but more consistent coverage).