Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hello. I have an 8320 with T-Mobile. I have my messages settings set to keep ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Advertisement



    Hello.
    I have an 8320 with T-Mobile. I have my messages settings set to keep messages for 30 days. It used to work and every day i would see oldest messages are being deleted and that i have only 30 days worth of messages. Recently I have noticed that it is no longer the case and I have messages started mid November. I tried play with the "keep messages" settings and toggle 15, 60 days, etc but that did no help.

    Is this a common issue? Is there a remedy for this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Are any of the Mid-November messages ones that you have saved in the past?

  3. #3
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Are any of the Mid-November messages ones that you have saved in the past?
    I did have some saved messages from November. I now deleted all saved messages and rebooted the device(took out the battery). However, nothing has changed. Earlier, I also recent services books from T-mo page.

  4. #4
    Kyo0tdemon's Avatar
    Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    995

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Try changing the settings to saving them forever.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  5. #5
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Try changing the settings to saving them forever.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    tried that. still doesn't work.

  6. #6
    Kyo0tdemon's Avatar
    Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    995

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Hmm, I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe your phone is defective? I will see if someone else can help you with this. Perhaps if you wait a few days, someone else will come up with some answers for you on this post. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

  7. #7
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Hmm, I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe your phone is defective? I will see if someone else can help you with this. Perhaps if you wait a few days, someone else will come up with some answers for you on this post. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

    thanks! i don't think my phone is defective. it used to work but then suddenly stopped working. some software glitch, i presume.

  8. #8
    glehman85's Avatar
    glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    24989104
    Posts
    2,673

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    you are most likely running low on memory

    a few things you can do

    hold ALT and type L G L G. hit menu and go to clear log

    then, go to your messages, hit menu and go to view folder. go through and delete allll those missed calls and phone logs. fastest way to delete is to highlight most recent date and go to delete prior

    also open your browser and go to options then cache operations. clear your cache and pushed content etc..

    i will usually go through and do this as my 'ritual' when i hop into bed

  9. #9
    natan's Avatar
    natan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41

    Re: Keep Message for XX days does not work

    Quote Originally Posted by glehman85 View Post
    you are most likely running low on memory

    a few things you can do

    hold ALT and type L G L G. hit menu and go to clear log

    then, go to your messages, hit menu and go to view folder. go through and delete allll those missed calls and phone logs. fastest way to delete is to highlight most recent date and go to delete prior

    also open your browser and go to options then cache operations. clear your cache and pushed content etc..

    i will usually go through and do this as my 'ritual' when i hop into bed
    Thanks. I cleared the log and deleted missed calls as well as the phone log. However, this did not fix the "keep messages for 30 days" option. i still have messages that go back to November.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •