the links I've gone to seem to be old or dead end. I still have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

LarryCC no está en línea Stack level 1

Question jvm error msg 102

Advertisement

the links I've gone to seem to be old or dead end. I still have the locking up where I have to reset 2-3 x a day. Have the latest OS, did backup on PC, but not sure what i need to do to fix this problem.

Help. thanks.
    Last edited by LarryCC; 10-16-2008 at 12:56 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello Larry! Welcome to PinStack!

First question I have for you is if you have the latest OS, how did you know which one to download if you don't know which Curve model you have? That could be the start of your problems right there.

Second question......did you have a media card in the device when you did the upgrade?

If you go to Options>About the first line will tell you what model Curve you have.

Roger

Sorry, I have the 8310, v.4.2.2.170, according to my DM 4.3.0.17.
    I can't seem to launch a lot of the links on these pages... i.e. can't get a Java Commander download, although I don't know what i'd do with it?
    the BB is working as we speak, but will prob. throw that error again by this afternoon?

Okay, great. If you'd kindly update your profile with that information it would be appreciated!

You might want to consider upgrading to a newer OS, which you can find here. You should also get a later release of DM (4.6) which you'll find here.

Instructions for upgrading can be found here.

If you have a media card in your device, I'd suggest you remove that prior to the upgrade.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you have any issues or questions.

Roger

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here's a link to lavagirl's JL_Cmder tutorial including the download link which I just tested and it works.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

I am deleting your JL_Cmder question from the other thread so we can keep all your answers in one place.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Here's a link to lavagirl's JL_Cmder tutorial including the download link which I just tested and it works.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

I am deleting your JL_Cmder question from the other thread so we can keep all your answers in one place.
    Ah, that explains why I didn't understand that post! Thanks, az.

Larry, you will probably want to use that thread to completely wipe your device prior to doing this upgrade. That way you'll know you have a "squeaky clean" device to work with, hopefully eliminating this error and any others you may have encountered.

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!
    I had great trepidation about Wiping the BB, but, so far it seems to be working. When I did the restore, my personal (Verizon) email isn't working (but Enterprise is fine) and I lost a couple of shortcut links on the BB desktop, but I can live with that.