ok so im getting a all white screen with jvm error 513 on it and ... BlackBerry Curve forum
jvm error 513 help!
ok so im getting a all white screen with jvm error 513 on it and i cannot get past it and im wondering if anyone can give me step by step instructions on how to fix it cuz im a noob when it comes to fixing phones
btw i have t moble if that helps, thanks
First try a battery pull and see if it continues.
Did you try typing in your password on the device more than 10 times?
After typing an incorrect password ten times which is usually default but it can be changed to less the BlackBerry smartphone will restart and JVM error 513 appears.
This means all the data and applications have been deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone and you must reinstall the BlackBerry Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone and restore the data from a backup file (if available).
First you must download the latest BlackBerry smartphone device software from here.
Once downloaded, follow these directions:
Once completed you will have a blank screen with a spining hourglass, this justmeans it is still processing. Leave it alone for abut 10 to 15 minutes and it will come back on.
- Install the BlackBerry Device Software on your computer.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
- If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.
- Complete one of the following steps:
- If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
- If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click Next. Note: When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
- Select the check box for the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Click Next.
- If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether to automatically back up the BlackBerry device and click Next.
- Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Click Close when the software is finished loading.
Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-06-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Wow that was awesome. Great details. Wish I was able to find something with that much detail when I had the issue. That should be pinned!
I can't take credit I copied the how to from a post I found while doing a search to make sure I was thinking of right error.
Ok well whomever did it pin it anyways. How's this great find! Lol
ok that was quite helpfull but basically what i have now is i wiped my BB clean and now i just need to install the new OS but when i connect it to the computer the BB application loader says that it is not connected
Go ahead and try to start the load, it should pick it up and continue.
First try rebooting your pc and connecting device then opening DM if that doesn't work. Try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and clicking on the loader file. Did you open and run the OS on your pc after download? I have forgotten to do that a time or two.
Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-06-2008 at 01:18 PM.
thanks a bunch guys got it running perfect
Glad we could help. Oh and juls.....ROCK CHALK!!
I had the same error last monday but I never had my password even set up. And my phone would just constantly restart it self but never make it through the hour glass screen before dieing and rebooting again. I finally had to go customer service for tmobile and they tried walking me through stuff and was never able to figure it out so i ended up getting a new curve sent to me covered under warranty.
BLACKBERRY 8320: JVM ERROR 513
hi everybody; i just signed up on this because i need help with my blackberry too, so yeah! im really desperate; so if theres anyone that got theres restored can you please HELP ME its for t-mobile too; PLEASE&&THANK YOU!
Tags for this Thread