Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Originally Posted by lak611 What hardware do you have in your PC, and what version ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cashmoneyspeed no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    What hardware do you have in your PC, and what version of Windows are you running? The system requirements for BlackBerry Desktop Software are here.
    I've got Vista but not sure what #. Computer is from July '07 so i have all operating systems that were new then. For the Hardware requirements, i have all of those for sure. How would i know if i have a 64 bit Windows XP computer?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmoneyspeed View Post
    I've got Vista but not sure what #. Computer is from July '07 so i have all operating systems that were new then. For the Hardware requirements, i have all of those for sure. How would i know if i have a 64 bit Windows XP computer?
    If you are running Windows Vista, you would not be running Windows XP unless you are dual-booting.

You could try uninstalling Desktop Software 6.1 and trying an earlier version of Desktop Software such as 5.0 or 5.0.1 and see if that works.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Alright well i had deleted everything i downloaded to the computer, then reloaded desktop messenger, and the 5.0 operating system, then re-booted the computer. Then i deleted the vendor file and when the phone connected, it asked to either update or choose version. I choose the second one this time with the #1108. It made it to where it is Uploading RAM image now so i'll check back in the morning to see what happened. Not really too optisitic but i haven't tried that second system that was listed yet. What exactly should it say the name of the OS is?

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    If you are running Windows Vista, you would not be running Windows XP unless you are dual-booting.

You could try uninstalling Desktop Software 6.1 and trying an earlier version of Desktop Software such as 5.0 or 5.0.1 and see if that works.
    When i click on that link for 5.0, there is no option for a Curve 8530. Which should i be downloading? The software i keep loading is 6.1 through the Blackberry Desktop software Windows OS

For anyone coming across this topic that has the same issue with the white screen and Error 102, in my opinion don't waste your time on an old outdated crap phone. If you run the programs once and it doesn't work, toss the phone. Going to just replace the blackberry paper weight with the new iPhone 4S for $200 from my carrier.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That error is usually recoverable, but I think you'll be happy with the 4S. Many of us here have one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345