Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Are you going through Desktop Manager? Try shutting down DM, rebooting your PC. Then connect ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Are you going through Desktop Manager?

Try shutting down DM, rebooting your PC. Then connect your device with the battery in, navigate to that AppLoader folder where you deleted the vendor.xml file and double-click the Loader executable.

cashmoneyspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes i've tried doing it through Desktop Manager and with just plugging the phone in and the BBSAK showing up and then clicking on Update which opens up the DM. Also restarted the computer a few times just today to see if it would help.

I don't see any that says Loader executable in the folder after going to Control Panel, then System, then Device Manager.

You go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader.

The Loader executable is 4th or 5th from the top with the little phone icon next to it.

Did that and here's what it went to:

The Blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

Wow, okay. So you're sure you downloaded and installed the OS onto your PC for your specific device and not another device?

Do you still have the 507 error on the device?

If you go into the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features), how many items are listed with BlackBerry Device Software and are the all for your specific device?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wow, okay. So you're sure you downloaded and installed the OS onto your PC for your specific device and not another device?

Do you still have the 507 error on the device?
    ''

Yes, code 507 is still on the screen. Pretty sure it was the correct OS that i downloaded, will check again later.

BBSAK is on there, Blackberry desktop software 6.1, and Blackberry Device software uploader are the 3 programs related to the phone that are on that list.

Is there anything that says "BlackBerry Device Software v5.0.xxx for the BlackBerry 8530 smartphone"?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Is there anything that says "BlackBerry Device Software v5.0.xxx for the BlackBerry 8530 smartphone"?
    No, nothing that says that. Looks like i loaded the 6.1 from that link the other day. I don't see the 5.0 in Programs & Features, just the same 2 from before.

I went here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-softwa...tab_tab_update then plugged in the phone and it loads abou 1/6th of the tool bar just like it has been and its just sitting there right now. I'm about to restart the computer and try it again. How can i get the 5.0 to show up in Programs & Features so i can double click from there and try connecting the phone?
    Last edited by cashmoneyspeed; 12-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You have to download and install the OS to your computer then follow those other instructions for deleting the vendor file etc. I'm not at home so can't link you to an OS but got to the Curve forums here on the site and you should find an OS

Alright, wow after deleting everything, shutting the computer down, loading the 5.0, now i don't have Desktop Manager and can't seem to find where i got it from before. I tried loading what i thought was DM and it wouldn't complete. I feel more lost than i did a few days ago. Phone still says Reload software 507

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    come on BB guys...let's get this guy fixed!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

It's the same as before now. On the Updating Software screen, the green bar is 1/6th of the way and has been there for awhile now. My bet is in about an hour it says it couldn't communicate with the device just as its been saying.

I have Desktop Manager installed, Operating System 5.0, and have deleted the vender file. Battery is in the phone. Also have BBSAK installed on my computer. Can one of these Curve 8530's be stuck in the Reload Software 507 state and not be brought back to life? Starting to feel a bit hopeless on this phone.

Yup, sure enough i got the screen that says.......

There was an error updating your software Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.
    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

This phone has got to be fried. What a waste of time and energy, doesn't even seem worth it now that i'm going to spend the same $$$ on a phone that i could have spent last wednesday when it crapped out for no reason. to blackberry's

Sprint wants $100+ to fix whatever issue there is with the phone and my contract is in month 22 so no upgrade until at least January. I did see a nice Iphone 4s but no way i'm paying the retail on it so i'm back to trying to fix this broke down BB.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast